MCE Remote with extra buttons - where to buy? (1 Viewer)

teststrips

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
I've been looking for a MCE model 1039 remote with the 4 extra buttons at the bottom. You can see it via the link below:

MCE Remote - MythTV (I'm specifically looking for #2 in the lineup of 5)

I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere - any suggestions on how/where to get this? (I'm in the US)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You might have to get it from overseas, you want the European/Australian version.

I'm not in the US so I can't say any more than that.

Good luck,

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Just in case you didn't know the four coloured buttons are used here in Europe on Tv remotes and STB remotes for interactive content as well as shortcuts for Teletext services.

teststrips

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    From a previous thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/ir-control-pc-36175/), I learned that most any button on the remote can be mapped to a different function. What I'm hoping to accomplish is to remap the keys to control lighting and my projector screen.

Since it doesn't look promising to find one of these remotes within US boarders, are there any other models of remote that someone would recommend. I really want a single remote + I hate having to switch between TV mode/Aux mode/etc to control different devices. I want something that has a few extra buttons that I can script any way I want.

fujistick

Portal Member
    January 18, 2008
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You could try one of the logitech harmony universal remotes. (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/&cl=us,en) They are a bit on the pricey side, but they can be programmed to do what you want.

They are activity based so for example, you choose the 'Watch a Movie' activity and the remote can be programmed to automatically turn on your tv & amp, select the correct inputs if necessary, turn on the air con, dim the lights, etc. For each activity, different buttons can be mapped to different devices, for example, the watch tv activity could have the channel up/down buttons mapped to the MediaPortal channel up/down (you could set the logitech harmoney remote to act as a MCE remote to control MediaPortal), and have the volume up/down buttons on the remote controlling the volume on your amp. Have a look at the logitech website for a better explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom