[Remote] MCE Remote without IRServer? (1 Viewer)

.dcp

Portal Member
May 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.10 latest SVN
Windows Version: Windows 7 64bit
Remote: Harmony 555 programmed as MCE + HP eHome Receiver

Hi there, yesterday i updated my 1.02 installation to 1.10 and the latest SVN. Very Happy with it, except for the remote-support :(

on 1.02 it was a major PITA to get the remote working, but i eventually got it working.
when i first tried, only the directional keys and the ok-key were working.
after trying some IRServer releases, i got it working completely.

Now, as i thought, this problem was solved with the 1.10 beta, i uninstalled IRServer prior to installing 1.10 and found myself without ANY response to the remote whatsoever.

To conclude, i tried:

un/installing IRServer
dis/enabling mediacenter-services, even un/installing media center from ms-programs in controlpanel
dis/enabling "use mce remote in mp config" in combination with IRServer or without.

an observation:
when "use abstract remote model" is enabled in IRServer, MPTray recognizes the greenkey as "Green Key", if i disable this obtion, the button is recognized as some numeric like "3675873".

right now, im not abled to get any button working with my remote, even though mptray seems recognizes the keypresses as mentioned above.

what i dont want:
to emulate keyboard/mouse/keystrokes, as mediaportal is runnning on a second monitor (lcd tv) while i use the computer as a normal office/gaming rig on the first monitor with mouse and keyboard. so emulating keypresses would most likly interfere with the desktop.
this was working fine in 1.02, btw ;)

also, eventghost recognized the buttons, but its awefully slow... unless everything else failes, id like to use native commands instead of eventghost.

hope someone can nod me in the right direction here, as its getting frustrating :mad:

thanks in advance!
dcp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom