MCE remote won't wake Win7 from sleep (1 Viewer)

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
I have a Microsoft MCE remote with an IR receiver which works fne apart from I can't get it to wake my PC running Win7 from sleep. This used to work on my other PC which ran Vista. Does anyone have this remote waking Win7 successfully? If so, any tips for things I can try? I'm hoping it's something simple/obvious!

Thanks,

Jon.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    If it shows up in device manager under usb section something like ehome receiver, right click it and check if
    under power tab there is tic in "allow this device to wake up.......". That is first thing.

Then at least in my Motherboard I had to change jumpper for specific USB port to allow it to be used with device
    that that can handle wake up things. If it's required then mbo's manual should mention it and instructions also.

Mine is Philips MRS5100, and it works okay.

Br,

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Simple test, when in standby, does the receiver flash red to say it received signal from remote, also as a general rule, the receiver needs to be plugged into usb ports 0 or 1 on the back of pc.

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    It was the port not set right (+5VSB needed) on the motherboard. Working now. Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom