MCE Replacement Plugin together with HIP (1 Viewer)

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
I hope I make everything correct here in this new Forum area ... by creating a new thread within the 'MReP Forum' ...

If not - I am sure that infinityloop will tell me and then pull the nails off my fingers ... ;-)

Start of serious content:
----------------------------------------

and-81: just to make sure:

'HIP and MP's inbuilt MCE Blaster support and/or MReP's MCE Blaster support don't work together!'

is this statement correct? I want to know it before I start to mess with add on tools (like the 'HIPSend' you mentioned).

I tried it out and it seems to be like that. I think it's because HIP takes control over the blaster and all other commands, sent by other software don't arrive. I also tried MCEIrSend. Without HIP on it works and MCEIrSend says: " Play successfull" and with HIP on MCEISend says: "Play failed" .

thanks+regards
WeWe

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

The problem is that the driver won't accept multiple connections to it. What this means is that only one process (Plugin, Program, whatever) can access the MCE transceiver at a time.

If you have HIP running and then the plugin tries to access the MCE transceiver it will either interrupt HIP's access or it will just fail.

This will be a real problem when everyone moves to single-seat TV server setups, because they will need a plugin on the server to change channels and a plugin on the client to handle the remote control. But I'm working on a solution.

Anyway, the anwser to this HIP / MCE Replacement plugin interference issue is to use the External Program launching abilities of the plugin to call HIPSend.

You can download it here:
    http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads...SS=HIP EXTRA

This will tell HIP to do the blasting. You'll need to read the instructions for HIPSend and then set it up for all your blasting.

If you have any trouble, post here. But for HIP specific help you can also check out the HIP forums here:
    http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showforum=44

Hopefully these sorts of threads will help others who are trying to do the same thing, so thanks for putting this in a seperate thread.

Cheers,

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi and-81,

I am still struggling with the blaster thing. Somehow it seems to be odd to me to:

- tell MRP (MCE Replacement Plugin) to start an external program while the "MP start" event
    - the external program is HIPSend that tells HIP to send a blaster command
    - the blaster command blasts the command to switch my TV set on

There must be an easier way, because each of the three steps must be set up and is a source for problems.

Wouldn't it be possible that you add a function into MRP to "blast any command"? For sure there would also bee the need to learn this commands.

So far you "only" do it for channel changing. In my imagination for the event mapper there would be a "Blast command" option along with the so far existing options "Run program", "Goto screen" and "Serial command".

What you think?

thanks+regards
    WeWe

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    okay ... I forgot something:

there is an other possible way, but that way doesn't work:

I can start "mceirsend" with the appropriate command as an external program. But mceirsend does not work when "Enable MCE remote" is set to on in MRP. The blaster then is blocked somehow.

So I am back to: "please and-81, give us a blast command!"

thanks+regards
    WeWe

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry I didn't reply to this post earlier.

To be honest, I read it a couple of nights ago after I got back from a party. I was drunk and I didn't understand what you were asking so I told myself "Come back and look at this in the morning when you're sober. If you reply now you'll make a fool of yourself."

But of course, I was drunk, so I forgot to come back to it... And now I've made a fool of myself ;)

Don't use MceIrSend, it will interfere with HIP just like the plugin does.

So you have tried HipSend?
    And it worked, but it's difficult to set up, right?

Does it do what you wanted?
    What version of the plugin are you using, and what version of MediaPortal?

I think for now HipSend is your best bet, I know it's a pain to set up, but there's nothing else better at the moment...

I have a new plugin and program suite you could try. But I don't want to release it into the wild until I have the next version of this plugin finished and I've tested it some more.

I could maybe make a HIP plugin for interfacing between my plugin and HIP ... that's something to think about ...

I'll get back to you when I have something, but for now, HipSend is the best I can offer...

Cheers,

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    okay - for a short moment I am sober - normally I am drunken most of the time, as you are ... So I use the moment and write my answer ...

To be honest - I didn't set up HIPsend ... as I said: in the beginning I wanted to do a little more than I could, so I installed MRP, then I saw that I additionally need HIP, then I saw that additionally I need HIPsend ... . After 1,5 years of MP-history I am very picky meanwhile. I want to keep it as simple as possible and to use as few as possible components.

So before installing (and spending some nights with) HIPsend I thought: "this guy (YOU) has all components, talking to the blaster (from external channel changing), learning remote commands and watching events. So why doesn't he put all of that together in a new way and there you go!"

Okay now that I am sober I understand that it possibly isn't that easy but maybe it helps when you drink a little? Okay, back to being serious ...

Well, to make it short I thought: with a little MRP enhancement I can spare two external components (HIP and HIPsend) [because meanwhile I found out that with a complete new Windows + MP installation the MP DVD player works so that my initial need to use an external player is obsolete. So I wouldn't need HIP really.]

Okay, for sure YOU decide what you do and YOU know what you have in the pipeline! (maybe a little teaser information about your new feature among drunken friends???)

thanks+regards
    WeWe

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    PM me with a private email address and I'll send you copy that you can test out.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do want to urge you ... just a question: did you send something?

(I ask because I have so many problems with spam mails and so on ... It could be that your mail disappeared ...)

thanks+regards
    WeWe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom