Media center and mce remote issue (1 Viewer)

Gemstone5920

Portal Member
May 28, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi to all! This is my first post in this forum and i'm a newbie user of media portal 0.2.3. My issue is with the default windows media center... I use a mce remote with media portal. I dont want media center run when i press "green button" on my remote instead of media portal... How i fix this? I try mce replacement driver, but i dont know if it's useful for my issue... Sorry if i post wrong.. I dont speak english very well...

Thanks for the reply!

iosub

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
San Sebastian
is only happeing the first time right?
if you want to completly disable mce you can do this
but in case anyone wants to know, the registry key is HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft

from there create the new key "WindowsMediaCenter"

select the new key and then create a new DWORD value under that called "MediaCenter" and give it a value of 1.

Reboot.

I believe this will completely prevent MediaCenter and all of its related services to start up.

iosu

Gemstone5920

Portal Member
May 28, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
is only happeing the first time right?
if you want to completly disable mce you can do this
but in case anyone wants to know, the registry key is HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft

from there create the new key "WindowsMediaCenter"

select the new key and then create a new DWORD value under that called "MediaCenter" and give it a value of 1.

Reboot.

I believe this will completely prevent MediaCenter and all of its related services to start up.

iosu

It is happen if i start media portal with windows.... If i close media portal and then reopen it the button work... however i try your suggestion....
PS thanks for the reply! You're very very fast!:D

EDIT: The fix work! Windows media center doesnt run with green button!! Thanks for all!! A question: this tip work with very programs that i want to "kill"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom