Media Center Questions (1 Viewer)

bradp

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
Dallas
I have searched the support forum and can't seem to find a direct answer to two of my media portal problems.

My first is that I can't see .divx movies in media portal. I have the latest divx codec installed and the files will play in the divx player as well as windows media player, but not throught media portal.

My second problem is that most of the music files in my database show the same album art as an icon. I have searched the forum and gone over the settings but haven't found where I can change this display for the media. The files that show the same artist album cover as an icon are all in the same folder.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    If by "cant see .divx movies" you mean that they dont appear in the list, then you will have to add the .divx extension to the movie configuration.

To do this, please open configuration (press F2 while in MP) navigate to movies and movie-extensions. Then add .divx to the list.

If however you mean you can see them but they don't play, then the problem lies elsewhere (I assume its the first thought since .divx is not in by default (it should though btw).

As for the music question, ill let someone else answer that since im not very experience in that area.

Inker

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    bradp said:
    [...]

My second problem is that most of the music files in my database show the same album art as an icon. I have searched the forum and gone over the settings but haven't found where I can change this display for the media. The files that show the same artist album cover as an icon are all in the same folder.
    Then let me pick the second question.
    When you are in the setup, go to music-database, check the folders that contain music (it's probably OK in default) and check "Use coverart embedded in MP3s for thumbnails". Hit "Update database blabla" and fetch yourself a coffee. Somewhere during the consumption of the first or second coffee (depending on share size and coffee consumption speed) the update might be finished.
    This being said, storing all/a lot of your music in one folder is, while certainly not forbidden, not considered "best practice". You might want to consider a program like tag and rename or any of the numerous others you'll find on this forum to stucture your collection.

P.S. If you'r using the latest RC+ a recent CVS, note that my music is "in renovation"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom