Media Center remote control (1 Viewer)

chrisn8cuh

Portal Member
February 18, 2006
Does the Media Center remote control work with MediaPortal? I am new to all this so I am realllly curious about it all.

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The MCe remote is supported by Media Portal natively, so most probably, you won't have any problems.
The blaster part (to control other devices like set-top boxes) is also supported, but that takes some more work.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Also, if you get the choice, go for the European 2005 version. It has the fou extra colour teletext buttons down the bottom and these are used as shortcut keys to make MP a LOT easier to use.

If you have XP PRO SP2 or MCE, it should work straight out of the "box". If you have XP Home, you'll need to play withsome extra files, but it's not too hard.

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Marcusb said:
    Also, if you get the choice, go for the European 2005 version. It has the fou extra colour teletext buttons down the bottom and these are used as shortcut keys to make MP a LOT easier to use.

If you have XP PRO SP2 or MCE, it should work straight out of the "box". If you have XP Home, you'll need to play withsome extra files, but it's not too hard.

Where's a good place to buy this remote? I've looked all over the interweb but usually they don't specify what model they are... Should I get one of the ones listed on Newegg or from somewhere else? See link...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=Browse&Manufactory=1149&Subcategory=283

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I see what you mean now. Too bad that site doesn't ship internationally :-(. I'll keep looking and post any findings I get here for others.

Munch

Portal Member
    February 24, 2006
    I bought the european version of the MS media center remote. the problem is i cant get it to work. It works on my gaming machine with service pack 2 installed, but i cant install SP2 on my media machine. You said it was possible to get this to work with a XP pro version without service pack 2. How can i do this? thanks

Munch

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I guess from this, that the mapping steps basically work. Please try to map some of the keys you mention to be not working and upload the log files afterwards. Maybe @Brownard can see something and a solution can be found. Please open a thread in the OnlineVideo section for this, we should not mix 2 topics in one thread.
    I guess from this, that the mapping steps basically work. Please try to map some of the keys you mention to be not working and...
    I am having trouble to make my remote control work correctly on MP2. Having upgraded from MP1 to MP2 where the remote using the...
    Replies
    Views
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Australia - DVB-EPG - does it work? DE
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use MPiviewer for ipad and that's what was important to me. it's nice to have taken the time for my problem which will undoubtedly be useful to others as well.
    thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use...
    Hello, I am trying to reinstall mediaportal 1.16 but I get an error message "no internet connection found! to continue the...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom