Media Importer - Most video files have no results in Possible Matches (1 Viewer)

tgxiii

Portal Pro
November 17, 2008
Please see the attached JPEG.

I'm trying to import movie information on a new installation of MediaPortal and Moving Pictures. After adding the video path, the importer can only find information for a few movies. Nothing even shows up in the Possible Matches drop down for the rest.

I tried Rescan Selected File with Custom Search String and typing the movie name, but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• MovingPictures.jpg
    MovingPictures.jpg
    47.7 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can you post your log files? Ands have you made any settings modifications?

tgxiii

Portal Pro
November 17, 2008
I'm sorry, I'm new to MediaPortal. Where do I go for my log files?

Also, settings modifications... as far as the Moving Pictures settings specifically, or MediaPortal in general? After installing Moving Pictures, all I did was add the movies folder. Settings changes for MediaPortal, on the other hand, are numerous and I don't think I can recall all the modifications I made.

cactusg

January 5, 2008
I also have the exact same problem. I approved several that did show possible matches, but the vast majority have nothing in the drop down list. I am also using a fresh installation of 1.0 RC4.

gfurm

Portal Member
December 12, 2008
Same problem here. Strangly enough it worked fine when I first used it few days ago. But since then I joined all my split videos and wanted to build the database from scratch and got this error. Out of 100+ movies I got about 10 matches, but what is even strangest they are all polish films. In possible matches it found 4 out of 95 films.

I checked log file and somewhere in the middle I foud this lines:
12-Dec-2008 09:37:59 Debug [ DBImportPath]: Pulling new file War.avi from import path.
12-Dec-2008 09:37:59 Warn [ ScraperNode]: Could not connect to
12-Dec-2008 09:38:00 Debug [ MovieImporter]: Built MediaSignature: Path= E:\Filmy\filmy\Alien quadrilogy\alien 2\Aliens.avi || Source= alien 2 || Title= "alien 2" || Year= 0 || Edition= || DiscId= || ImdbId= ||
12-Dec-2008 09:38:00 Info [ MovieImporter]: No exact match for Aliens.avi

I suspect that the marked line indicates the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This plugin is great and I'd like to have it working fine.

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Same here, does not find info for iso, img, mkv's.. Vista32, RC4 (nop svn) and have never had this problem before.

gfurm

Portal Member
    December 12, 2008
    It seems no one had this problem before. Maybe it's some kind of imdb problem which started today? But that would cause all movies not importing, right?

TextZombie

December 12, 2008
    I'm having the same problem today too.

I'm guessing that IMDB have modified their results page in some way.

If I look at the films that actually get information in my list and type them into imdb myself, the hits are the ones that return only one result and therefore take you directly to the film details page. Conversley I get no results in any movie name that returns a list to choose from on imdb.

Using the OP's image, I did the same experiment. Typing "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" into imdb takes you right to the correct movie, whereas "Fight Club" give you a list of choices.

I suspect we'll need a RegEx boffin to write a new IMDb.xml scrapper script for us that takes into account whatever it is that IMDb changed.

P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom