media info not getting info when mp is running (1 Viewer)

Colin_

Portal Member
October 13, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I have one little issue with the TVSeries-Plugin.

My htpc runs almost all the time, so does MP. Now if I copy an episode from my desktop-pc to the htpc, the tv-series-plugin recognizes the new file and parses it correctly. But it doesn't get any information from media-info. Therefore I don't get any logos for playtime and Aspect-ratio (I'm quite used to it :D )

If I delete the episode in the config and start an import everything is working fine. So I guess the problem is that tv-series doesn't initialise media-info when it's running. Is this a Bug??

I'm using the latest media-info (0.7.5.9)

Colin

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Weird, it works fine for me, in fact it uses the same codepath in config and mp to add newly parsed files. Perhaps post a log.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    The statement "problem parsing" indicates that mediainfo returns a value of 0 (or negativ) for the playtime, which the plugin interprets as the file not being parsable.

If the same episodes does parse when imported from the config, I can only imagin that there is some locking or something going on that prevents mediainfo from parsing it correctly.

Did it work before you upgraded mediainfo?

Colin_

Portal Member
    October 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    no, that didn't work either.
    Perhaps this occurs because tv-series detects the file when it still has not been completly transfered to my htpc. I could imagine this being the problem, resolving the time length of an still uncompleted file is kind of difficult

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Yes, that makes perfect sense, but I have no good solution :-(

Except maybe transfer it to a folder that isn't being watched and then from there to the actual folder. That move operations only takes a fraction of a second and it should work fine.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have the same problem when a file is beeing extracted, MP recognizes it and tries to parse.
    However it fails but is listed in the episode view but can't be played, only solution is to run a manual local parse via the mp menu.
    Another solution might be to check incomplete marked files again(only parse those files not a complete local parse) when playing them, however this would require some code change.

jocke

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The best solution would be that when MP recognizes a new file, it delays for a given amount of time before it parses the file (1-5 minutes, this could actually be an option inside MP and/or MP MyTVSeries, so you could adjust the time according to how long it takes to copy an episode).

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sounds good, especially the manual config part because depending on the hardware config the copy/move/extraction time will differ.
    Just beginning with C# but will look in the file watcher source code(watcher.cs) to see if i can make this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom