Media Not Available for BD (1 Viewer)

bradmitchell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    I have a couple of issues with media stored off-line (DVD/BR).

When I select the movie to play in Moving Pictures, it says that it cannot find the media, so I insert the media and it still cannot find the media.

I have been having this problem with DVDs and Blu-ray discs (I have separate drives, F: & E:).

The problem with the DVDs appears to be an artifact of upgrading from the latest stable version to beta version (1.0.1.1001) as upon inserting the DVD, it inserted it again into the database, only, information in the local_media table was different for each. Noticably, the disc_id was different between the two entries and not surprisingly, useful information such as the dimensions of th eDVD as well as frames, audio information etc......

150|ENIGMA|F:\video_ts\video_ts.ifo|92E9B3DF|5dd255427685f395||1|0|0|2|0|0| | |0
    .0| | | |0|DVD
    1196|ENIGMA|F:\video_ts\video_ts.ifo|92E9B3DF|a3c4946e40bf6253||1|0|0|2|720|576|
    SD|MP2V|25.0|widescreen|AC3|5.1|1|DVD

So in terms of DVDs I have an issue. Does this mean I need to delete all my DVD entries and start from scratch, i.e. inserting every disc. This took me a long time to put in 300 or so DVD's......

On to Blu-ray. Blu-ray appears to search & insert fine with the Configuration program and certainly doesn't find a new disc when it is inserted so I don't think it suffers from the same issue. I tried removing a movie and re-adding it, but, it still cannot find the disc when I go to play it from within Moving Pictures.

Blu-ray entry from sqlite db example:
    Coraline:
    824|CORALINE_G51|E:\bdmv\index.bdmv|778C970D| ||1|0|0|1|0|0| | |0.0| | | |0|Bluray
    Up (I re-imported this)
    1214|HELIUMD1LIC1|E:\bdmv\index.bdmv|52807A13| ||1|3040291|0|1|1920|1080|1080p|H
    264|23.976|widescreen|DTS|5.1|1|Bluray

Blu-ray movies and DVD movies that are contained on a HDD work fine, it only appears to be an issue with discs.

Has anyone had these kind of issues before and how did you resolve them?

Edit: Added local media details for some blu-ray discs

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

When I select the movie to play in Moving Pictures, it says that it cannot find the media, so I insert the media and it still cannot find the media.

These are physical drives, right? No virtual ones?

Update all the MediaInfo.DLL files in your Team Mediaportal folder (I got two in mine) with the latest DLL version from: MediaInfo

See if that solves the problem first.

bradmitchell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2009
    Home Country

These are physical drives, right? No virtual ones?

Update all the MediaInfo.DLL files in your Team Mediaportal folder (I got two in mine) with the latest DLL version from: MediaInfo

See if that solves the problem first.

Thank you, I'll give that a go and see if that fixes the issue!

There was only one copy of MediaInfo.dll and that was in the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal directory. I installed the new version anyway. The older version was dated April 2009.

This didn't appear to fix the issue.

I brought up the MediaPortal Configuration -> Moving Pictures Configuration and ran the importer.

In this case, I deleted Coraline blu-ray from the movies list and reimported it (unignore all files). This re-imported the movie. I exited and the Moving Pictures Config and reloaded it back up again and went into the movies list, selected Coraline and selected "Resend to imported". It took came up with "Insert disc labelled CORALINE_G51".

I also am running AnyDVD HD however, disabling BD support in this didn't appear to make any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom