Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (1 Viewer)

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    I discovered MPC-HC last night in an effort to solve some of my hi-def mkv playback problems, and Im very impressed....
    However I do have one major problem with it in MP 1.0.2. I f I set MP to use an external player (MPC-HC) I can use it to start playing an MKV file from within MP fine, but the moment I try to use ANY other remote button such as ff, rew, or even pause or stop, the player crashes and I have to ctrl+alt+del to kill the app and get back to MP. I then see a window complaining that it cant play the file because of the h.263 and AC3 codecs? I know this is a red herring as if I dont touch the remote after starting to play the file, it will play through to the end with no problems, then the player will shut itself down and Im back in MP.
    It is purely using the remote that crashed the app

is there some extra settings that I need to configure for this - has anyone else had similar isuses - searching for mpc-hc+remote didn't bring up anything...

It's a standard Microsoft Media centre remote
    I have a usb connected IR receiver that came with the remote...
    Im using inbuilt MP support, all I have done is ticked the MCE remote option in MP config
    I was unsure about posting log files as MP is OK and isn't crashing, it was the MPC-HC app that was crashing when using the remote??? If I revert back to internal player, all is fine
    I will post log files whern I get in from work and can get 5 mins on the TV

Thx

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    good description of the problem, however i think your not gonna get a lot of useful help unless you state
    1. what type of remote you have
    2. what method you have used to interface the remote and mediaportal. eg. IRSS / HIP / Girder / Inbuilt Mediaportal Support / etc...
    3. post clean log files as an attachment showing the crash.
    4. fill out the system specs

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    good description of the problem, however i think your not gonna get a lot of useful help unless you state
    1. what type of remote you have
    2. what method you have used to interface the remote and mediaportal. eg. IRSS / HIP / Girder / Inbuilt Mediaportal Support / etc...
    3. post clean log files as an attachment showing the crash.
    4. fill out the system specs

Ok -fair enough, apologies...

Will edit my post

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ahh no need to apologise! i just think that you will get a better answer with above.

btw - i also think that MPC-HC kicks arse. However if you use the unlocked SAF codec pack, there is no real need to use MPC-HC as an external player.

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    The only reason I switched to MPC-HC weas that I was using the internal player for MKV files and a couple were coming up with artifacts or blockiness during playback. MPC-HC seems to play the files back fine, all I need to do is get it working with the remote. Did you have to configure anything to get yours working ok within MP?

I will look into the SAF codec pack as that might solve both issues for me...

Just had a look
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-filters-dxva-ready-mpeg2-h-264-vc-1-a-44614/

Is this the unlocked version or do I need to google some more :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    to get my remote working with mediaportal i just pluged it in, and then choose mce compatible remote in mediaportal configuration under 'remotes'

simon169

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2005
    What codec were you using under MP to playback the MKV files there are some new MKV's out now which COREAVC (the codec I was using) has trouble with due to a new version of encoding software which caused artifacts in two films I was watching. I switched to FFDSHOW and it works fine. The problem should be fixed in coreavc v2 apparently. I can't find where I found the original info from but I am sure the default H264 (libavcodec)decoder in FFDSHOW should work fine. It works fine on my box now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom