Media portal 0.2.2 channel removal (1 Viewer)

ddalton

Portal Member
January 2, 2007
How to I remove all of the media portal channels so that I can rescan....

I used the configuration program... and removed all the channels ... but then I go back and scan and my card tunes the channel and it says 0 new... because somewhere it has the channel stored even though its deleted????

so I completely deleted media portal... reinstalled and tried to rescan... same thing... finds the channel but none are new...

How do I reset the channels so that it can find them again?

ddalton

Portal Member
January 2, 2007
Or config or anything

Maybe someone could help me remove the entire config... I have deleted the entire mp install directory and it still seems to have a configuration when I re install???

quiller

Portal Pro
November 28, 2006
Nebraska
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You might be better off saying why you want to remove every channel? Are you having a problem with the autotune feature? If not, and the channels tune fine, I can't come up with any reason you'd want to delete and start over...

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Does it only say new if you have an existing installation and list of channels when you do a re-scan? If you've deleted then maybe it just says its found so many channels?

ddalton

Portal Member
January 2, 2007
while I appreciate that one should never delete channels if they ever hope to use that tuner and channel again... I made that mistake... now I want to rescan... I have deleted the ENITRE program files/ team-mediaportal directory and reinstalled... and my install re runs the new install wizard... but when I finish the wizard ... it have ALL of my old configuration options?? and apparently when it deletes a channel it doesnt completely delete it ... so you can never re scan for it.... so somewhere there is a config file that isnt getting deleted.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    so somewhere there is a config file that isnt getting deleted.

There are no files saved anywhere else but in the Mediaportal folder, so if you deleted that folder then you have removed all config files. Data about the scanned channels is stored in the TVDatabaseV21.db3 file - and again, if you deleted that file, then all scanned data would be removed ...

If a new scan is finding 0 new channels, then it means that it is not finding anything - no channels at all.

What TV card are you using?

Are you sure that it is installed correctly - drivers OK?

Paul S

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2006
    Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Don't use the Setup Wizard to scan for channels. Run the Setup MediaPortal application. Go to Television-->Capture Card (add/edit card ) and scan for channels under the card.

hexed

Portal Member
    January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any luck figuring this out? I noticed that when I tried to delete a channel, and I exited and went back into the configuration, the channels reappeared...

ddalton

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    No it seems to be something with the channel locking when it pchdtv 3000 card says their is a signal but no channels are found... but it doesnt appear to have anything to do with a channel cache

mikeyo

March 16, 2007
    I have the same problem. I've removed MP, deleted the install dir, rebooted...

so somewhere there is a config file that isnt getting deleted.

If a new scan is finding 0 new channels, then it means that it is not finding anything - no channels at all.

What TV card are you using?

Are you sure that it is installed correctly - drivers OK?

channel data must be stored somewhere else because
    in my case, the scan (done from setup, not the wizard) will result in "new: 7, updated: 119".
    Those 119 is then missing when i look in Setup->Television->TV Channels.
    My card is a floppyDTV-C, and works perfectly in another app (myTheatre)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom