Media Portal 1.1.0 BETA 1 and Windows Vista (1 Viewer)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
Interesting to see your setup.

Why do you disable firewall and nvidia drivers? thought the drivers was necessary to exploit your gpu.
What do you use PDVD9 for? BluRay integrated into MP?
Why not use 7-Zip instead of WinRAR?

I have to investigate this refresh rate settings sometime, don't have so much knowledge about it, but i think i'm able to increase display quality by using it right. Does it autodetect, or do you change frequencies manually?

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
ok. But you can install PDVD9 codec without installing the PDVD9 codec, both MPEG-2 and h.264, check out SAF, and how to "unlock" it.

7-Zip is free, WinRAR is not. I went from WinRAR to 7-Zip myself about a year ago, and i don't look back.

I thought that MediaCenter had to be installed for MP to work properly, or some other features of it was needed. I know you don't need it in XP, but i thought both Vista and Win7 relayed on it...hmm.

philippe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 6, 2006
    Lyon
    Home Country
    France France
    Nice PC-HT....
    Seems great !

You are using full moon display changer because of 2 screens ?
    I am going to test your cmd batch file.
    Is 23 Hz better than 24Hz for 23.976 fps ?

Are you using the Yamaha RVX 3800 DAC for decoding Music Audio PCM via HDMI ?
    I am an audiophile too but my Mediaportal works on XP with a dedicate audio card
    Did you notice a great improvement for music in Vista / XP ?

Thanks Technick for this post

Philippe

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    -/-

Last edited:

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have You tried using The "alternate shell" option in vista Group policy to use mediaportal as a shell insead of explorer.
    HTPC boots to welcome screen then mediaportal starts (no desktop ,no explorer) works flawlessly for me.

Try This Bro

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 HP TV Tuner DE
    You need to setup the TV tuner in "TV Server Configuration". There should be a shortcut on the Windows desktop. The primary action is to "scan for channels", but obviously there are other things to setup too (such as the folder to use for recordings). MediaPortal should be able to use your tuner provided that the tuner has a BDA...
    You need to setup the TV tuner in "TV Server Configuration". There should be a shortcut on the Windows desktop. The primary action...
    New to Media Portal. I have it installed and working with the remote but cannot figure out how to get the tv tuner to work. I'm...
    Replies
    Views
    I don't organise my media in the way that you do, so I don't know whether MediaPortal provides the capability that you want. All that I can suggest is that you read this page in the MP Wiki and experiment to see if it will merge the separate folders to give you a unified view of the media. -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I don't organise my media in the way that you do, so I don't know whether MediaPortal provides the capability that you want. All...
    Hi i have a collection of 9208(Still growing on a daily basis)) music videos(ripped in m2ts format from blu-rays) which are stored...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom