Media Portal 360 4x3 Skin (1 Viewer)

drowhunter

Portal Pro
April 29, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Version 0.3 is here

thumb3.jpg
thumb7.jpg

This skin is based on the xbox360's dashboard. For now I have only done a Full Screen version, I plan on doing a widescreen in the future, once i am happy with this one.

thumb10.jpg
thumb9.jpg

Based on the somewhat unique technique to get the blades to appear to work like the 360(no animations though) the home screen only supports english.

thumb6.jpg
thumb8.jpg

*Important notes.

1)To fully enjoy this skin make sure that you have Media portal set to start with the basic home screen. Go to Media Portal Configuration -> General - check Start with basic home screen
thumb11.jpg
thumb13.jpg

2)This skin is works best with keyboards, gamepads and remotes. Version 0.3 adds mouse support, move the mouse from left to right and watch the blades move. You will now need the topbar plugin on as it is required for full skin functionality if you want to use the mouse.

3) The programs blade will be empty if you dont enable the My Programs plugin. Also you will need to set the plugin up to have shortcuts to your games and stuff.

Okay I think thats it, enjoy!. =) DownLoad at the bottom of this post
thumb1.jpg
thumb2.jpg

thumb4.jpg
thumb5.jpg

http://www.tjwebdesign.com/mp360

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Wow, really impressed.
    This brings a whole new look to mediaportal.

I hope you can get the mouse thing worked out (or someone can help you on that) as it is my favourite input device.
    maybe your trick with the blades is of general interest for skinners?

tomtom

pirlone

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2005
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    i'm speechless...
    can't wait to try. hope it won't be another unfinished & unsupported mp skin.

keep on with good work ;)

rgs,
    pirlone

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Just tried your skin a litle bit and it is very cool :D

But...I think the sounds where very anoying. Reminds me of a racing game when you are browsing.
    Not a big problem, I can just delete the sounds myself.

And wait to see what other people think before you make any change.

edit: When I think about it, no sound while browsing would be best. If you play music and wan't to read the news or browsing music checking the weather and so on,,you understand.
    But sounds for entering stuff is nice.

again, just my opinion of cource.

Using the skin a bit more I see that this is the most wel done I have seen. There is a different look in all categories.
    AND you wil make a 16:9 skin?
    Wil it be overscan friendly?

This is a big contribution :D!

drowhunter

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    The trick i used to make the blades appear to move left and right involves hiding the buttons. what you are actually seeing are overlays. the buttons are there you just cant see them, so while you can control it with the keyboard you can't see the buttons to click on. Funny thing is if you move the mouse around you will actually roll over the buttons...can you find em...hehe

i thought about simply making the buttons visible ...i could have them on the bottom really small so that mouse users would have an option, but it really takes away the illusion.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I just want to say WOW. This skin looks sweet. I also want to thank you for releasing screen shots at the same time you released the product. It seems like people will release a ton of cool screen shots... but then the skin never gets finished :( I am going to download this skin and give it a spin :)

drowhunter

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Thanks, for your support. :oops:

:!: anyone who downloaded this skin before this post. I made a fix to the skin and it just uploaded now to replace the old version. (My programs page wasn't working) If you downloaded the skin prior to this post you can download the fix here
    www.tjwebdesign.com/mp360/myprograms_fix.rar
    extract to the MP360_4x3 directory under skins.

if you are just downloading the file now, then you dont need this fix. since ive just replaced it. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom