Media Portal and TV Server Dont See SykStar2 under WDM drivers only under BDA Drivers (1 Viewer)

crackerbox

Portal Member
May 18, 2006
I almost pulled out all my hair over this one... even reformatted.. oh well at least i have a nice little ghost image of my base system next time i need to format/reinstall....

So i couldnt understand why Media Portal and/or TV Server would only recognize my card (skystar2 PCI) when it was using BDA drivers.

(BDA drivers dont work so well for USA)

Basically im kicking my self...

If you are having this problem it is because you need to install the software that came with your card, as well as the driver.

My problem was --- i was installing the driver only.

if you dont have the disc you can install the required software form technisat.com's website.

just remember remove the "server4PC" and other crap that it puts into the Startup folder of the "all programs" group on the start menu... or there will be conflicts.

-crackerbox

CommGuru

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
I'm curious was to exactly which part of the software package that comes with the SS2 that is required other than the drivers. Any additional info would be appreciated.

CG

defcon5

Portal Pro
April 16, 2006
Barcelona (Catalonia)
Curiously, my problem it was the opossed.
With SS2 BDA drivers, didn´t scan channels Astra 19, Hotbird only
This happened with MP, TVserver and Progdvb.
Now I use WDM drivers, but I know BDA are better.

Cheers

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey defcon5, Is it a known fact for sure that diseqc won't work with SS2 BDA? I really hate the WDM driver :-( Just I've just started using a diseqc switch :-( Is there any fix or workaround for this issue. I'll have to get another DVB-S card if not, I really have issues with the WDM. (stuttering when changing channels, sometimes no audio until change channel again etc) :-( Very sad situation

crackerbox

Portal Member
May 18, 2006
I cant switch LNB's either... but I always thought it was due to my hardware in the sat.

I've got DishPro Plus (DPP) LNBs that have an internal switch that uses hex 11 instead of hex 10.

Im currently doing some other testing but I'll switch to BDA and see if that still wont work.

defcon5

Portal Pro
April 16, 2006
Barcelona (Catalonia)
I cant switch LNB's either... but I always thought it was due to my hardware in the sat.

I've got DishPro Plus (DPP) LNBs that have an internal switch that uses hex 11 instead of hex 10.

Im currently doing some other testing but I'll switch to BDA and see if that still wont work.

Hi crackerbox

With MP 0.2.2 I never to get switch between Astra and Hotbird, one or other, no both. Now with TVE3 I get switching.
I´ve used SS2 WDM beta drivers always.

Do you have switching problems with TVE3?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom