Media portal can't find all channels (1 Viewer)

DJ_danne

September 8, 2007
MediaPortal Version: latest stable version
MediaPortal Skin: standard wide
Windows Version: windows vista
CPU Type: intel centrino Duo @ 1.66 GHz
Memory: 1024 GB
Video Card: intel integrated 945GM with shared memory
1. TV Card: Twinhan DVB Magic Box PRO

Hi, I have tried to make media portal work several times, both on windows vista and XP (this time it's vista). But it just doesn't work... This time it has installed everything without any errormessages, but strangely it only found some of the free channels (don't have access to pay channels). The worst is that it only found the channels that just ain't good. I can directly say that there is no problem with either the tv-card, the antenna or the reception of the tv-signal, since it works fine in windows media center (but now I want to see tv in vista, where I dont have windows media center). I tried to start up the config guide for tv from inside media portal, but when I've chosen my country (Sweden) it just crashes. This seems to be something it does often, since it did exactly the same thing when I tried it on XP. Is there any way of making this work or is it hopeless?

oZestretch

September 10, 2007
Adelaide
Home Country
i seem to have had this same issue, i upgraded to unstable version rc2 and it stopped crashing at same stage, however it still only picks up 1 free to air station. I know this works because same pc, with blazevideo finds all avail stations. in australia we dont have many free to air stations, is there any way to find details to manually add these that were not found?

DJ_danne

September 8, 2007
I tried installing the unstable version RC2 now, and I agree that it is at least more stable. Actually it even found all the 11 free tv channels (and all the pay channels). Let's hope it stays that way :) too bad this didn't solve your problem too. maybe you can contact the tv stations or something? they should know that info...

crazypotato

Portal Member
September 11, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
This gotta do with the Network Information packet parsing algorithm. I haven't tested the latest TV engine yet. Maybe it is much improved in TVE?

I tried installing the unstable version RC2 now, and I agree that it is at least more stable. Actually it even found all the 11 free tv channels (and all the pay channels). Let's hope it stays that way :) too bad this didn't solve your problem too. maybe you can contact the tv stations or something? they should know that info...

oZestretch

September 10, 2007
Adelaide
Home Country
i was able to find all free ones, by starting my blaze hdtv, opening a station not found with rc2, then loading MP and it found the new station most recently opened with blaze, after 2nd time doing this it found the rest of the free ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom