Media Portal CVS Installer (1 Viewer)

80sman

Portal Pro
August 1, 2005
UK
HI civikdude,

I tried the latest version and I still get an error with it. Same as above, it seems to be a problem with zg.exe interface. Can you try building the same program idea without it..... maybe use a self extracting zip.... ermm bugger, brains not working been down the pub.

Will post 2morrow with alternatives.

civikdude

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
U.S.A.
Hey guys,

OK, so after much investigating, the problem lies with the ZipGenius program itself, VERSION 6. There is a bug in their program that prevents a successful external call to the extraction utility.

So, for now, the workaround is to use their version 5.5, which is available for download from their website. I have had great success using the ZipGenius 5.5 Standard Edition.

Also, better error handling and ZipGenius version detection is now incorporated into the latest tool. Please download and let me know how the CVS Installer, coupled with ZipGenius 5.5, works out for you.

Thanks for bearing with me through this!

Aaron

civikdude

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
U.S.A.
Updated Version available on first post, v1.2.2, which now automatically deletes the cached image files (packedgfx*) so that image updates will be applied at the next execution of MediaPortal.

Another update includes the ability to run through the entire script by simply hitting the <Enter> key (for the "typical" CVS user).

Updated the included readme file.

I use this utility daily, so I should be able to keep up with any changes that need to be made. Let me know if you have any issues!

Note: ZipGenius 5.5 must be used in conjunction with this utility.

Regards,
Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom