"Media Portal has stopped working" message after refresh rate change (1 Viewer)

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 1.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 64 SP1
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450
Video Card Driver: 10.11
Sound Card: onboard (realtek)
1. TV Card: Leadtek DTV1000 S
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card: Leadtek PxDTV1300 T
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow video decoder(saf5)
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow dxva video decoder(saf5)
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC17
Power Supply: Corsair VX450
TV: Phillips Cineos
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi

It seems that every time I start up mediaportal and decide to watch something that forces a refresh rate change, I get a windows message saying "mediaportal has stopped working....." yet it continues to function fine under this message. I have never been able to reproduce this problem in debug-mode with mediaportal configured with all my plugins/skin which I find strange. Whilst in the debugging mode, I went back and forth between 50Hz and 60Hz material multiple times trying to make it fault, which it didn't. As soon as I close out of the debugging mode and launch mediaportal as normal, it will "dummy crash" at the first refresh rate change.

I've been suffering this problem for quite a while now though multiple driver updates, even fresh MP installs (possibly even new OS installs, can't remember). The only way I have managed to gather logs of this problem is to run mp as normal, let it crash, and then "Export all currently present logs". If anyone can shed some light on this, I will be very thankful.

2011-03-26 11:20:03.992881 [ERROR][(35)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2011-03-26 11:20:04.059885 [ERROR][(35)]: Exception :confused:ystem.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'SuicideForm'.

oshri

Portal Member
November 29, 2010
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi,
I get the same error too.
Our systems are very different from each other but i use HD6450 so i guess it is related to the graphics card.
If anyone can shed some light on this, I will be very thankful too.

Oshri

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Oshri

Best if you can also post logs so that we can confirm that you have exactly the same problem. Also, what version of MP are you using?

mm

nipper575

Portal Member
    April 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Great, I also use Eventghost and have nothing set in the working directory for launching MP. I'll edit mine and see how it goes.

Ok, this definitely seems like a EventGhost problem as from a quick test, I only get the crash if I launch MP via my remote via EG. For me, setting a working directory didn't make a difference. However, changing the window mode to "normal window" from "maximised" seems to have done the trick.

I'll post back after a couple of days to confirm.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...freshrate-change-suicideform-error-log-87118/

Sorry, I should have updated this thread. I use eventghost to handle certain needs on my HTPC (Mostly remapping buttons on my streamzap remote). The problem was when I launched MP via my remote, eventghost had the MP executable window size set to maximised which resulted in a crash when the refresh rate needed to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom