Media Portal Latest release + TVServer latest release (1 Viewer)

icebreakr

Portal Pro
August 7, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
TV-Server Version: SVN from december 14th 2007
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 Final
MediaPortal Skin: Blue two wide
Windows Version: Vista
CPU Type: AMD 4400+
HDD: Seagate 80gb
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: Asus M2N-E
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: ATI 2600XT 512mb DDRIII
Video Card Driver: Latest Catalyst
Sound Card: ATI 2600XT
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Latest Catalyst
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150
1. TV Card Type: analog
1. TV Card Driver: Hauppauge CD 4.0
2. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-s
2. TV Card Type: DVB-s
2. TV Card Driver: Hauppauge CD 4.0
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Videotron
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: Antec NeoHE 450watts
Remote: MCE
TV: Sharp Aquos
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi, I did a fresh install of Windows Vista and tought I would give another try to TvServer. I was just using MediaPortal. I installed TvServer (SVN from Dec. 14th 2007). After installing MySQL, TVServer, MediaPortal and TVServer plugin for media portal, I scanned for my channels on cable, everything went fine. Then went in MediaPortal to watch tv and couldn't watch tv in fullscreen. Tried changing codec and still didn't work. I tried watching divx files that I had on my computer and I couldn't watch them either... So got tired of playing with it and removed averything (MySQL, TVServer and MediaPortal). I re-installed MediaPortal and then everything was working fine. Did someone ever encoutered the same problem?

My other problem is the slow listing of files/directories in MediaPortal. Is there a fix for this? I'm running Windows Vista on my file server and on my HTPC. My 2 computers are linked by a gigabyte router (D-Link DGL-4300) using gigabyte network cards. This is the problem I would really like to fix, since the other one I can live with by not using TVServer...

:D

GregorV

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
icebreakr

could this be caused by releases that don't match?
Your details say that you run MP 0.2.3 final together with TVServer from 14th. In the last release notes from TVServer there is occasionally the hint to combine it with latest SVN only. Probably only to enable new features but it also could be due to incompatibilities. Developers are not very clear about that.

The slow listing is also what I have seen. I installed a big HD and moved the media file to local. But if the remote directory listing could be faster it would be great. Did you ever try it with ftp locations ?

Gregor

icebreakr

Portal Pro
August 7, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've tried with FTP, but from what I could understand, MediaPortal will copy the file via FTP then play it.. Which is not so great because you have to wait for the file to copy before you can see watch it. I made it faster by creating mappings on my server instead of using \\IPAddress\ShareName.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom