Media Portal navigation so slow its unusable (1 Viewer)

bryanchicken

Portal Member
April 21, 2009
TV-Server Version: N/A
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrom
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4850e
HDD: 120gb
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: Jetway NC62K
Video Card: Onboard Nvidia geforce 8200
Video Card Driver: v181
Sound Card: Nvidia HDMI out
Sound Card AC3: Nvidia HDMI out
Sound Card Driver: 1.41
1. TV Card: N/A
1. TV Card Type: n/A
1. TV Card Driver: N/A
2. TV Card: N/A
2. TV Card Type: N/A
2. TV Card Driver: N/A
3. TV Card: N/A
3. TV Card Type: N/A
3. TV Card Driver: N/A
4. TV Card: N/A
4. TV Card Type: N/A
4. TV Card Driver: N/A
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: MPC Video decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider: N/A
HTPC Case: Some small case
Cooling: Fans
Power Supply: PicoPSU
Remote: N/A
TV: Toshiba 42xv555db
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have the latest updates and a pretty up to date graphics card. My directx version is 9c.

Moving pictures and tv-series are completely unusable for some reason. Navigation is SO slow that i've written this whole thing while waiting for Lost season 4 to load up.
When starting playback i get a pause of often 2 mins before playback starts.

My media is all on the network, but everything else other than MP can access this media without any delays.

I love MP, but right now i'm on the verge of switching because this is ridiculous. I've only got 2 plugins enabled for crying out loud.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Thanks.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Its because your stuff is on the network, its a known bug that network access is a problem. Search the forums to see if there is not a workaround....

bryanchicken

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    thanks for the replies. Sorry i was a bit short in my post, was v. frustrated.

I will post my log a bit later. Managed to get something playing (playback is perfect, strangely) now and the missus won't let me stop for maintenance :)

bryanchicken

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    sorry, i started up my machine today (mediaportal starts at startup) and last nights logs have been wiped.
    My mission for today was to put all the data locally anyway, so i'm giving that a bash.
    Preliminary indications are that it is MUCH quicker. Although i can't get tv-series to import my shows (won't match online for some reason) to test that bit out, and that bit was the slowest.

With the network browsing slowness i was wondering whether it was anything to do with the server spinning the discs down. Then when MP tries to access them it doesn't get an immediate response (or something) and then fails to realise when the disc is back up and spinning.
    I'm just guessing to be honest.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    and again a bugreport which does not follow the guideline.

guys, if you refuse to attach logs, we can not help you.
    moderators, please take care. incomplete bugreport threads have to be deleted.

bryanchicken

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    that's the spirit chris. Dear god.

Logs were not attached because MP deleted them. Did you read the thread? So saying i refused is just pathetic.
    I regularly have to fix software bugs without so much as a log, or often even a decent description of how to reproduce it. Its doable, and often not difficult.

If the philosophy is to delete these bug reports then i'm afraid MP will quickly be caught and overtaken which would be a shame.

Your attitude will certainly not encourage people to help either. Well done.

Now delete away.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    I am sure Infinityloop read your posts. As I did. And still I am wondering where your logs are?
    Or are you trying to tell us that it was a once off problem that you cannot reproduce?

Any further statements calling members pathetic will not be tolerated. Let's try and spend our energy towards constructive replies. Surely you must understand that we receive in excess of 100 posts a day with limited developers who got limited time to work on MP. Our FREE support policy simply request as much as possible detail to ensure that developers don't have to waste hours to figure out what happened.

bryanchicken

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    I did not call him pathetic. I said that claiming i refused to upload logs was pathetic, quite a big difference.
    The 5th post of this thread clearly explains about my logs being wiped once mp restarted.
    I resent the attitude thats all. I tried to help as much as i could.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    The 5th post of this thread clearly explains about my logs being wiped once mp restarted.

Yip, but what about reproducing the problem and then collecting your logs BEFORE you restart again?

I did not call him pathetic. I said that claiming i refused to upload logs was pathetic, quite a big difference.
    True.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom