Media Portal: NG (1 Viewer)

D

DJ K.

Okay, I started using MediaPortal just a week ago... bought myself a interVideo Home Theater remote, and FINALLY enjoyed my WinTV card to its full use (laying on my a$$, changing the channel away from my keyboard).

However, it has came to my attention that most of the skins out there are hardly innovative and eye-catching, and NONE goes with my Longhorn Custom interface... so....

On my free time, whenever that is, I'll be workin on a new skin.

So yeah, just a heads-up... and oh yeah, I'm good with graphics, but applying it, coding it... i can do, but i don't have much time to learn, so if anyone wants help, or if you guys think the skin apps here are good enough, then let me know.

oh, and one more thing, what kind of animations can i use in MediaPortal, can i use .avi or something (i can do 3D animations)?

mediaportalng.jpg

Mock-ups:
http://cnlohr.net/dtx/publicftp/DJK/mediaportal-TV-full.jpg

D

DJ K.

mediaportalng.jpg

Media Portal: Next Generation (tentative title)

More pics to come...

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    DJ K. said:
    mediaportalng.jpg

Media Portal: Next Generation (tentative title)

More pics to come...

Looks like something I can like - (if you tone it down.. ;))

But however, scrap the Stretched MP - noise to me..
    A part from that - Great having more skins to choose from.

Keep it up

D

DJ K.

mediaportal-TV-full.jpg

Mock-up

I have some REALLY sweet ideas for this screen, but I gotta wait till I can see what MP is capable of doing...

sorry these are coming slow... but rest assure when i have the time, i'm workin on this... its just hard to come up with something original, especially since you don't know the full capabilities of what i'm workin with.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Screenshot looks good, only part which I cant see working (yet) is the channel name. MP uses set fonts which only allows changing of colour and transparency. If you want some help on the making of the skin, I can do a most bits of the xml files.

Great job on the textures they look very spiffy :)

D

DJ K.

FYI: so far i've only been using Photoshop... i haven't even touched my 3D programs yet... but i REALLY need to know if MP supports AVI's and such for transitions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom