Media Portal TV Server (1 Viewer)

deamon_knight

Portal Member
November 11, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been running a single seat Mediaportal MP1 TV Server Backend and Kodi Frontend for a while. (Build Details here). I think a Windows 10 updated fouled something up so I'm reinstalling. I have some questions about the TV backend I hope someone can help with.

1.) Is the TV server in MP1 and MP2 the same? The download page seems to indicate they are, but there are different plugin versions for MP1 and MP2, here. Possibly becuase MP1 and MP2 use different plugin formats?

2.) I experimented with DVB EPG Grabbing options but they don't seem to work. I recall seeing that TV Server doesn't support ATSC (US Terrestrial Broadcasts) EPG grabbing, but it wasn't on the Wiki, so I was hoping someone could confirm for me.

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1.) Is the TV server in MP1 and MP2 the same?
    Yes and no.
    Large parts of the code are substantially the same. As a result, some people will argue they're the same. I'd argue the opposite because there are various significant differences (DirectShow filter loading, database engine, run mode, plugins etc.) which in my opinion completely contradict any claim of equivalence.

2.) ... so I was hoping someone could confirm for me.
    Confirmed.

deamon_knight

Portal Member
    November 11, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks MM1352000. I've been using TV server for MP1 for a while. Since I'm reinstalling the whole system, is there any advantage to using one version over the other, in a single seat TV Server Backend and Kodi Frontend configuration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom