MediaPortal 1.0.1 Release (1 Viewer)

JO212

Portal Member
February 25, 2009
Hi all,

is there any indication yet, when MP 1.0.1 will be released, after it was postponed? Is it like in one or two weeks time or more like two or three months??

Don't wanna stress you developers, but as I am currently setting up my system anyway, it would suit me well... ;)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    As usual it's done when it is ready, nothing more to say about that ;)

Regards
    Roy

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    my suggestion dont wait for 1.0.1 to setup your system. if everything was solved and clear for release then a release date would be given. not being so, i think u are better off setting up 1.0.0 and start enjoying it. if any big issue then try last svn which will leave u pretty much a 1.0.1 installation.

its not that much work to setup things, so not worth waiting.

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... and if you stay with plain 1.0.0 release
    there will be the possibility to upgrade to 1.0.1
    without loosing your settings

tesco

Portal Member
    March 27, 2009
    The problem the way I see it is the update in the skins where the same version of some skins (StreamedMP) won't work with both MP 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 without the little fix. So it's more then just the patching. Another side is that I love a fresh start (format c: fanatic :p).

But what are the changes in 1.0.1 compared to 1.0.0? In your posts on the front page it sais it's mainly a bug-fix.

This will be a maintenance release fixing issues with the 1.0 version and providing some useability enhancements.

But I seem to have read something about 1.0.1 containing an automatic refreshrate changer, but I belive this was before 1.0.0 was released. So what are the changes (not bug fixes) in 1.0.1?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    The problem the way I see it is the update in the skins where the same version of some skins (StreamedMP) won't work with both MP 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 without the little fix. So it's more then just the patching. Another side is that I love a fresh start (format c: fanatic :p).

But what are the changes in 1.0.1 compared to 1.0.0? In your posts on the front page it sais it's mainly a bug-fix.

This will be a maintenance release fixing issues with the 1.0 version and providing some useability enhancements.

But I seem to have read something about 1.0.1 containing an automatic refreshrate changer, but I belive this was before 1.0.0 was released. So what are the changes (not bug fixes) in 1.0.1?

You can have a look yourself at the roadmap,u can find the changes/bug fixes there -->Roadmap - MediaPortal Bugtracker ;)

tesco

Portal Member
    March 27, 2009
    Yes, but I am having problems reading what it says under the lines, and opening 100 tabs is alot of work :) I did a site search for rate and it does not seem to have the refreshrate changer.

Iwen

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, why isn't it possible to update from SVN to 1.01? Is there any reason or only to have a new software bundle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom