[News] MediaPortal 1.7.0 Pre-Release ready for testing! (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You need to run the same Version on Client and Server.
    Oh, If I install the 1,7 prelease on my dedicated server, would I then have to install 1,7 prerelease on all of my clients (never had to do this on previous releases)?

Short answer is it should actually be fine with the 1.6.0 server, although it will log the fact that there is a different version.

Since you have not provided logs, we can't possibly work out why it isn't working for you.

Need a bug report in the proper section of the forum.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/1-7-0-pre-release.673/

Thanks!

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Short answer is it should actually be fine with the 1.6.0 server, although it will log the fact that there is a different version.

The old tvplugin.dll used the windowplugin.dll.

But it will still connect fine to the server. You need to have the same TV plugin and MP version on the client, but I think it should still connect to the 1.6.0 server okay.

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Lol, i was just planning to upgrade mediaportal from 1.5 to 1.6 :)

Same as the last time, i really like the new way of releasing new versions.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm testing an MP 1.7-prerelease client connected to 1.5.0 TV-Server without a problem, Since TV3 is in code freeze, I would think their shouldn't be a problem ... but I'm not on the dev team :rolleyes:

EraZor95

Portal Member
    July 1, 2011
    Hmm not sure if this is a bug that's introduced with 1.7 pre-release, but if I play music (MP3) and turn off my monitor (actually; my TV), the music stops and there seems to be a crash of some sort; every song I try to play displays 'unable to play file x'. After a restart of MP everything works fine, again....

Edit;
    A bit too soon for a bug report, as I'm not sure this was introduced with 1.7pr. Just wondering whether others experience the same thing... (win2012R2)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hmm not sure if this is a bug that's introduced with 1.7 pre-release, but if I play music (MP3) and turn off my monitor (actually; my TV), the music stops and there seems to be a crash of some sort; every song I try to play displays 'unable to play file x'. After a restart of MP everything works fine, again....

Edit;
    A bit too soon for a bug report, as I'm not sure this was introduced with 1.7pr. Just wondering whether others experience the same thing... (win2012R2)

The 'unable to play file' that goes around the full playlist is fixed in a WIP branch (it's annoying to clic for each item).
    But still the source of your issue is that audio device seems to be off and then MP can't find it anymore.
    Open a proper bug report in correct section :)

We have also an WIP BASS branch but not sure if it will fix what you describe.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You need to run the same Version on Client and Server.
    Oh, If I install the 1,7 prelease on my dedicated server, would I then have to install 1,7 prerelease on all of my clients (never had to do this on previous releases)?
    I'm sorry for my post. The 1,7 prerelease works fine with my dedicated server. The problem was that I installed the 1.7 prerelease on one of my wireless clients. The problem seem to be that my WAP (connectify me) delivers DHCP (192.168.217.xxx) that does not match my local DHCP (192.168.1.xxx) delivered from my main DHCP ruter (DSL router). I can ping my server (192.168.1.45) from my wireless client (192.168.217.20), but I cannot get live TV. I know that this is a network problem but can anyone help (I sett my subnett mask on both DHCP servers to 255.255.0.0).
    Another problem that I'd like to report is the audio/teletext for norwegian in live TV. Before this was "nor" and use to work, now this has been set to "nob and non". These didn't work on ver 1,6 and do not work in 1,7 pre

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know that this is a network problem but can anyone help
    Use fixed IPs on all your machines.

Another problem that I'd like to report is the audio/teletext for norwegian in live TV. Before this was "nor" and use to work, now this has been set to "nob and non". These didn't work on ver 1,6 and do not work in 1,7 pre
    Known problem, a workaround is mentioned in this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/wrong-norwegian-tv-subtitles-id.123090/

And for everybody else: Post bug reports in the appropriate forum >> HERE <<

TNX!

Users who are viewing this thread