MediaPortal 2 and Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/AQM Combo (743xx) Card (1 Viewer)

Coop

August 1, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I run Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Pentium 2.8 GHz, and 3.00 GB RAM and 32 bit operating system.
I am using a Direct TV Digital Satellite Box. It is connected to a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/AQM Combo (743xx) Card.I am using MediaPortal 2.
I have installed Direct X 9, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2, Microsoft Visual Basic C+++ 2013
When I start the MediaPortal 2 Setup TV program it recognizes the two parts of the card- ATSC Hauppauge WinTV 418 BDA tuner and Analog Hauppauge WinTV 418 tuner. The card is connected to the Digital Satellite Box by an S-Video cable. The S-Video out on the box is set to channel 3. When I scan for channels with the Analog part of the card (I have added S-video channels with the “Add S-Video channels tab selected) I receive a message Unable to scan. “The graph building. Mostly your card is not supported by TVServer. Plesase create a report in our forum.” If I scan for channels under the ATSC Hauppauge WinTV 418 BDA Tuner, no channels are found but there is no tab for setting the S-Video option nor an option for Satellite in the Tuning mode. I have tried scanning with the ATSC Digital Terrestrial option, Digital Cable option and Clear QAM cable option. With the latter I tried all the QAM tuning frequencies options. Under the general tab I have set both SDT/VCT and Analog to 120 seconds as suggested.
Enclosed is the Server Error log file I could find

Do you have any suggestions?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

First, thanks for providing all the information. That's really helpful. (y)

Do you have any suggestions?
    Yes. :)

Since you're only using the s-video input, the "ATSC Hauppauge WinTV 418 BDA tuner" is irrelevant. Don't bother with the ATSC, QAM etc. scanning it won't help. Focus on the Analog Hauppauge WinTV 418 tuner.

If your satellite box supports SHEF, I recommend you install the SHEF control plugin:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/television/directv-shef-ip-control

If not, you'll have to configure a blaster, which could be much more painful.

With the Analog Hauppauge WinTV 418 tuner: you can't add your channels by scanning. External tuners don't work that way. You'll either have to create each channel manually... or better, install the SchedulesDirect plugin:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/television/schedulesdirect-guide-importer

...and have it create the channels for you, with guide data to boot. Note that you will have to sign up with www.schedulesdirect.org. Trial is free. Subscription is $25 per year. It's very worthwhile. Even if you decide to cancel after the trial, the time you save during setup will be worth it.

Coop

August 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you. I will try mm1352000's advise. I tired morpheus_xx link, but once that program updated MediaPortal 2 - things were blocked by Norton 360. I will have to uninstall MediaPortal 2 and reinstall without the update. Thank you all. Coop

Coop

August 1, 2015
    Home Country
    I finally got MediaPortal to work. After multiple attempts, I uninstalled the Hauppauge WinTv 7 software program and got MediaPortal to work. Thank you, Coop

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom