MediaPortal and Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Brian B

Portal Member
December 31, 2010
Los Angeles
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What is everyone using for blu-ray support? I was thinking of purchasing the $60 Zoom player MAX edition: Inmatrix.com

BUT, my big question is how to control it via my current remote system (and whether it would integrate well or not)? I am using a URC remote and an USB-UIRT and all is working w/ MP. I just arbitrary "learned" the commands for a particular remote into MP and the commands seem to work. How do I control Zoom Player though?

Or, is there a better all-in-one solution for DVD, media files and blu-ray.

Thanks!
Brian

Brian B

Portal Member
December 31, 2010
Los Angeles
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can you point me to this "blu-ray handler" plug-in you mention? I can't seem to find it in the plug-ings list and the search brings up nothing.

As for PowerDVD, what does HD pack 2.6 correspond to as far as their normal programs...powerdvd 9? 10? Any way to just integrate PowerDVD for blu-ray playback? (Don't know if this solves my remote situation anyway...)

Thanks,
Brian

RobertinoM

Portal Pro
March 7, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I am Using the PowerDVD Codecs together with BlauRay Handler Plug in

For playing VC-1 Encoded Blurays (better .m2ts-files) I am using VC-1-Tweak that allows the MPC-HC-Splitter to connect to PDVD10 Codec.

Benefit: it is DXVA-Enabled, so even on older Graphicsadapters (e.g. AMD 690G) you can run a ripped Bluray and it is working smooth

But what I am missing is REAL Bluray support ... I hope that will change with the ongoing development of the Bluray-Handler.

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
Can you point me to this "blu-ray handler" plug-in you mention? I can't seem to find it in the plug-ings list and the search brings up nothing.

As for PowerDVD, what does HD pack 2.6 correspond to as far as their normal programs...powerdvd 9? 10? Any way to just integrate PowerDVD for blu-ray playback? (Don't know if this solves my remote situation anyway...)

Thanks,
Brian

HD pack is just a way of getting the codecs without purchasing PowerDVD. Its kept up to date.

BLu-ray handler
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...dler-0-9-7-beta-81068/index40.html#post711712

VC-1 tweak
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/solved-vc-1-issues-vc1-91402/

HD Pack
DVB Support Download Center » Codecs

BTW

I bought Roxio Cineplayer 3D for less than £30 with cashback and it seems to work great. It uses the Sonic codecs which are probably the best around (Sonic Scenarist). No way to use them with MediaPortal though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom