MediaPortal and Logitech Harmony 700 (1 Viewer)

tabtab

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Hello everyone !

I bought a Logitech harmony 700 remote to control MediaPortal. I also bought an USBUIRT IR receiver to make the remote works with the HTPC.

The problem is I don't know what I'm supposed to set in the "hardware list" in the Logitech configuration software. What manufacturer must I set ? I run Win7 x64, and configuration with my TV and sound system is OK.

And, I you think I understood nothing, please let me know, I'm lost with this configuration...

Thnaks in advance :D

mad zero

Portal Member
February 18, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
The actual Logitech Harmony software supports the MCE remote, you can select it as a device in Computer -> Media Center PC -> Microsoft and then just enter "Microsoft Media Center"; however I am not sure if these are the exact names of the device list items in your version of the Harmony software, since I use the application in German.

I set my Harmony 700 up in this way with using an RC6 capable IR receiver, which works like a charm on Win7 x64.

tabtab

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
hellow !

Ok, you selected MCE Remote and after ? You mapped all the keys with a software like Girder or you just selected "Use MCE or Keyboard" in MediaPortal ?

Thanks !

mad zero

Portal Member
February 18, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello tabtab.

Nope, I have not installed any additional software like Girder or Everest. Just the Logitech application and Media Portal, that's all you will need. It's been a while since I did this the last time, but - as far as I remember - most keys of the Harmony 700 were mapped correctly automatically after choosing "Windows Media Center" in the Logitech application.

But I don't know if there is a great technical difference between my RC6-reciever and your USBUIRT-device. I suppose you should give it a try. :)

BravoDelta

Portal Member
July 26, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
tabtab
Does your IR receiver appear to windows as an 'ehome' device?

I'm having a problem with a Harmony and Mediaportal (won't recognise any buttons). There is an other post about the issue, maybe you have the same problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom