mediaportal as upnp/dlna client (1 Viewer)

sand

Portal Pro
January 15, 2007
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
is there any plugin that would make mediaportal upnp or dlna client ?
I am waiting for my buffalo NAS with these capabilities and would like to play media files stored on it...
:confused:

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: mediaportal as upnp/dlna client

Hi,

no clue on upnp or DLNA capabilities, but to play the music from the NAS, you do not need this.
    Just put the NAS-path into the music directories and you will have the normal mediaportal music capabilities...

regards
    flintstone

el-Dia

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi. Just curious. : ) What would be the advantage of using DLNA to access the media on the NAS?
    I've always used the NAS directly (configuring the UNC paths in MP for all media)

el-Dia

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Sorry. I don't use Twitch. But since it's a streaming service, could it be the Online Videos supports it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Internet required? DE
    Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
    Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
    Hello, I've been searching for a media server for my home entertainment system for a couple of years. I have changed server...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom