MediaPortal Cannot Play Videos with Latest DirectVobSub (1 Viewer)

MatthiasB

Portal Member
April 21, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've installed the latest version of CCCP which comes with version 2.40.3.3514 of DirectVobSub. I keep getting an exception every time MediaPortal tries to load DirectVobSub into the graph. If I switch to MPC-HC for subtitles I can play videos but MPC-HC doesn't format subs correctly, especially subs with foreign character sets.

Here is the exception from the error log. I've also attached the configuration and mediaportal logs.

error.log
Code:
2011-08-21 11:03:57.114632 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: VideoPlayer9: Exception while creating DShow graph Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.    at DShowNET.Helper.IDirectVobSub.get_TextSettings(LOGFONT lf, Int32 lflen, Int32& color, Boolean& fShadow, Boolean& fOutline, Boolean& fAdvancedRenderer)
   at MediaPortal.Player.Subtitles.DirectVobSubEngine.LoadSubtitles(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, String filename)
   at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.GetInterfaces()

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
Windows Version: Win 7
Video Card: HD 5450
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 11.7
MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDshow
h.264 Video Codec: FFDshow

MatthiasB

Portal Member
April 21, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
*Sigh* I should have searched more thoroughly. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to suffer MPC-HC subs until there's a 1.2 final.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Cannot Play Videos with Latest DirectVobSub

Well, 1.2.0 Release Candidate will be released in a week. And it's stable enough to use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom