MediaPortal client prevents standby (1 Viewer)

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: X-Factor
    Windows Version: Vista 64
    1. TV Card: Fire-DTV DVB-C X 2

Hello!

I have a HTPC running MediaPortal 1.0.2.
    I have both client and server on the same computer.
    As I am running 4TheRecord I am not using the PowerScheduler plugin. I am using the windows Power settings.
    This has been working perfect for mounths. The computer have entered sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity.
    However that is not the case any more. When MediaPortal client open the computer never sleeps.
    First I thought that it was MovingPictures that caused it. But that was not the case. I have tried to disable every plugin I am using. Turned off the watch of the music char directory and so on. I have set the log level to debug. There is nothing in the log during a long time, ie the computer should enter sleep. If I close the MediaPortal client the computer always goes to sleep.

I do not know what causes this behaviour or why it suddenly have started.
    I am not really sure when this has started, befor 1.0.2 or not or before doing the last windows update.

How to trace the cause?

/Erik

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am using the latest 4TheRecord 1.4.0.1.
    As the thumbnail creation is on the server of 4TheRecord and that is running when the MediaPortal client is closed that can not be the cause.

I have attatched the log files that is produced when starting Mediaportal and not doing anything else than closing it again after some time.
    My powersettings in Vista is that the screen is turened of after 2 minutes and the computer should enter S3 after 3 minutes. The short time before entering S3 is just for faster testing. Normaly I use to have 8 and 10 minutes. The screen is turned off as expected but the computer is not. There is a lot of disk access going on but nothing is written in any log. If Mediaportal client is not on then the computer always enters S3 after 3 minutes.

/Erik

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

I have done some more digging into my problem.
    I have noticed when MediaPortal is running there is a lot of writing to the page sys file, ie this indicates that memory is not enough. Memory consumption was something about 69 percent. I looked at the major memoryconsumer and found it was MS SQL. It occupied almost 0.5 Gb of memory. I switched to MySQL. MYSQL uses less than 0.1 Gb memory. But still it is a lot of writing to disc even when the Home page is active and mediaportal does nothing. 44 percent of the memory is used. I have 4 Gb RAM memory.

I can not understand why so much disk access is done. Could this be the cause or else what?
    Again if I close MediaPortal client the computer always goes into standby as expected.

/Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom