Mediaportal closed with .net Exception (1 Viewer)

SCHRANK

February 9, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 15019 SVN
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: XP Prof SP2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200 +
HDD: Samsung 160GB
Memory: 1GB Corsair
Motherboard: ASUS A8V Deluxe
Motherboard Chipset: VIA K8T800 Pro
Video Card: ATI Radeo x1600 Pro
Sound Card: SB Live!
1. TV Card: Twinhan DTV 1030A
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S CI

1. Start Mediaportal
2. Do nothing.
3. .net Error Occurs after a while with an Error Dialog (Mediaportal is srunning in background not stopped working)
4. Press send ord Don't send
5. Mediaportal will be closed

Error in Eventlog:

Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event: 1000

Faulting application mediaportal.exe, version 0.2.2.9991, stamp 46819aac, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, stamp 411096d4, debug? 0, fault address 0x00011e5a.

That don't happen if i watch TV. But just listen to music or let MP idle causes this error.

DVB - Fix is installed

Pleas help and take a look a the attached files

Thx for your great work!

SCHRANK

February 9, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
Please give me a advice to eliminate that bug. Maybe it's one from microsoft and there is a KB?

thank you

SuperAggy

Portal Member
February 13, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Me has the same problem. Mainly when I watch videos. When the error comes the movie is in stuck shortly, an I can watch it to the end. But then the same problem as you. Hope anybody can help us.

SCHRANK

February 9, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
After a new installation of WinXp and MP nothing changed the error appears again. So i had to go threw the MP configurations. After unselecting the DVB- EPG Grabbing checkbox MP runs stable. I think this would be very interesting for some developers.

If a developer needs more Informations about my configurations don't be shy just ask.

LiquidSky

Portal Member
December 22, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
After unselecting the DVB- EPG Grabbing checkbox MP runs stable.

I have this problem too, but it's very infrequent (2 times in 6 months) . Sometimes MP starts crashing (in my case the machine bluescreens) until I disable DVB-EPG. When I checked the logs it was always trying to grab from the same channel when the crash occurred. I re enabled DVB-EPG the next day and all was well.
I guess something is being transmitted that doesn't go down well with the EPG grabber or the tv card drivers.

Im using a Twinhan CAB-CI (2033) with BDA driver 1.030

spenca

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
Also for me!

Same for me! I use MP 0.2.3.0 without SVN with integrated TV. Error occurs infrequently. Sometimes when i just open MP, sometimes when i watch movies or TV and also when i switch to another skin over inside MP. I tried several Skins but no change. I bought now totally new hardware for my htpc, because i tought that my CPU was gone because of overheating, but also with new parts and about 30 degress temperature in case, this error occurs.

Please help!!

THANKS!!

Mario

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Have you tried to disable grab EPG in MP Configuration -> Television -> Program Guide & disable (if enabled) Grab epg from DVB?
    If not enabled or didn't help attach your log again to your post...

Regards
    Roy

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i tried to disable dvb-epg, but xmltv always crashed when grabbing from net. so no chance for me! i installed mp 0.2.2.0 again :( !

sorry, but it's a living-room htpc with waf (woman acceptance factor) as a MUST, so no time to do long loggings!

hoping for a more stable version 1.0! :D

/Mario

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, too early to be happy! i use now 0.2.2.0 and i have still the same hang with MP and same log in windows events. usually when i watch movies. someone has same experience?

/Mario

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom