mediaportal configuration has encountered a problem (1 Viewer)

AlienAgenda

Portal Member
December 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
my first go round with the mediaportal product an might i say nice JOB!
i have been trying to find an easy functioning solution over the last month using MyMovies, MCE 2005, VMC, MeediOS(dont have a BSCE), XBMC and it looks like this package is going to solve my issues....

however,

all the initial configuration was successful but whenever i attempt to config. moving pictures plugin i get the "mediaportal configuration as encountered a problem...." it trys to run and scan a few more movies but eventually stops responding until i hit ok on the error popup. then it shuts it all down.
i can configure any other plugin i like without error. tv shows work perfectly.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
I'd be happy to help, but I at least need to see your logs if I am going to figure out what happened.

AlienAgenda

Portal Member
December 7, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for the offer. I reinstalled the mediaportal and the error is gone for the moment. This is a trial run to see how user friendly the software is to configure. So far I am very impressed given my recent XBMC, MeediOS(f'in joke), VMC, MCE 2005 and MyMovies implementations.

This trial is not on a clean install as desired. New MB will be here by Wed. and then I wll do a new install with Vista 32 - assume this is the preferred OS?

After that I will then ask more legitimate questions if need be.

thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom