Mediaportal crash after Fast forward (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

I have a problem with onlinevideo's (one of my favorite plugins)

When I play a movie and press rigth to Fast forward, mediaportal crash when the movie isn't buffered far enough..

When the whole movie is buffered, It's no problem..

Is this a bug?

best regards

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This depends on the codecs currently used to play. Some can recover when jumping into non-downloaded area (by just waiting for the download and then starting to play) others simply freeze. In general, you should NOT jump into unbuffered areas, unless the protocol used allow that (e.g. mms:// streams).

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks,

So, what codecs can do the trick?

I'm no using the latest SAF6, with FFDshow videodecoder and ffdshow dxva decoder, and LAV audiodecoders..

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no generic answer to your question. It depends on the video, the server and manye more factors. There's no codec around that handles webstreams somewhat well, so as I said DO NOT jump into non-downloaded areas...

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Isn't there a possibility to handle this by catching an exception or something like this, so that mediaportal switches back to the last screen instead of crashing completely? I've got the same issue and there is only ctrl+alt+delete to go on.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is: There is no exception. That's why you see a frozen screen. The playback graph just hangs.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you seem to have enough knowledge about how to implement it, why don't you go ahead? It's an open source project...

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like to but my new workplace and the search for a new home are eating my time.
    Helping at the MediaPortal project is on my list now for a long time but it seems that my list is some type of a stack and everyday new thing are placed upon it. :(

So many ideas and so little time :(

p.s.: Maybe I'll try to download your source later this week and look if I can find out something. Perhaps I'll get the time but I can not promise if I'll get the time.

p.p.s.: Könnte ja auch mal ins deutsche Forum schreiben ich Dödel :D ( <= unimportant garbage :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom