Mediaportal crash after stop LiveTV (1 Viewer)

margi

June 23, 2007
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC3
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC3
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: Vista SP1
CPU Type: AMD 64 X2 3800+
HDD: WD 250G
Memory: 2G DDR2
Motherboard: Asus M2V
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon X1550
Video Card Driver: 8.476
Sound Card: Realtek HDA
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.5350
1. TV Card: DVB-S MCE Bridge (Bridge between ProgDVB)
1. TV Card Type: dvb-t
1. TV Card Driver: 1.0.0.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: 22.2.2008
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
HTPC Case: Eurocase
Cooling:
Power Supply: Eurocase 400W
Remote: Micsrosoft remote 1039
TV: LG 42LC2R
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Hi, this problem is not in RC2 or previous versions. I updated to RC3. LiveTV, switching channels, all is ok. When go to main menu (in the left down corner is small LiveTV window) and press Stop button, mediaportal minimize a take 100% of CPU. When i switch to MyVideo and run any movie, mediaportal minimize for second too, but maximize again and run video without problem.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Since you use VISTA, please go to MediaPortal Configuration -> turn on advanced mode in the top right -> select "DirectShow Filter Control -> Video Renderer Settings and there select "EVR"

then try again please. :)

note:
    you should not use ffdshow as codec for mpeg2 nor h.264 since that is known to cause a high cpu load and other issues depending on the build you use.
    for testing please set it to MPV for mpeg2 and MPA for audio.
    a good (but commecrial) h.264 codec is coreavc which creates the lowest CPU load of all software based h.264 decoders.

margi

June 23, 2007
    Thanks,
    I tried with MPV/MPA codecs, but when I select EVR and go to My TV and switch TV On, i get "Unable to start timeshifting, No video/audio detected.
    When I switch to VMR9, everything is OK (except stoping LiveTV etc...). I tryed It manytimes and the problem is only when i want to stop LiveTV in Main menu. Stop from MyTV plugin is possible.
    In Main menu simetimes freeze picture and sound is OK, Mediaportal crash everytime when i tried Stop here.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks,
    I tried with MPV/MPA codecs, but when I select EVR and go to My TV and switch TV On, i get "Unable to start timeshifting, No video/audio detected.
    When I switch to VMR9, everything is OK (except stoping LiveTV etc...)
    and that sounds strange because the error is not related to the renderer.
    "Unable to start timeshifting, No video/audio detected."
    This means that the TV-Server was not able to tune to the Channel you selected.

In Main menu simetimes freeze picture and sound is OK, Mediaportal crash everytime when i tried Stop here.
    i am able to stop MyTV in the MP homescreen by pressing stop on the remote or B on the keyboard without any problems or crashes on VISTA and WinXP here. :confused:

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not able to reproduce the crash on tv stop either, vista x64 / x86 & xp sp3, all works as expected...

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    One quest:
    What does this mean?
    1. TV Card: DVB-S MCE Bridge (Bridge between ProgDVB)

Regards
    Roy

margi

June 23, 2007
    non-free! project dvblogic.
    It's nice and working solution for DVB-S into Windows MCE - it's virtual dvb-t card. No problem in Vista MCE or Mediportal (RC2), i hope it is not source of my problems.
    I have DVB-S with CAM plugins and there is (was? I have read changelog in RC3) problem with it in mediaportal server - unstable for me, long time for switch channel, hard setting - ECM etc...

I thing, my problems are in unstable WMR9 and EVR not working for me - I will try find anything about this on network and report it.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    non-free! project dvblogic.
    It's nice and working solution for DVB-S into Windows MCE - it's virtual dvb-t card. No problem in Vista MCE or Mediportal (RC2), i hope it is not source of my problems.
    I have DVB-S with CAM plugins and there is (was? I have read changelog in RC3) problem with it in mediaportal server - unstable for me, long time for switch channel, hard setting - ECM etc...

I thing, my problems are in unstable WMR9 and EVR not working for me - I will try find anything about this on network and report it.
    sorry, this can not be considered to be a real bug inside MP because:
    • you are not using the MediaPortal TV Engine
    • this error is not reproduceable when using the MP TV-Server
    • you are using "plugins" (i know exactly which you mean) that the team does not support.

margi

June 23, 2007
    :oops: I report this bug inside Bugreports: TV Server / Client, sorry again. The problem is in Mediaportal, Server run without problem...

A) MediaPortal TV Engine - of course I use it, dvbsbridge is dvb-t card, only virtual....
    B) i use MP TV-Server.... but problem is inside my computer..vista :(
    C) no plugins inside MP...never again...

...and problem is in codecs - with Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder works EVR perfect.. Don't know why MPV, ffdshow or Cyberling works not.

Thank for your time :D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    :oops: I report this bug inside Bugreports: TV Server / Client, sorry again. The problem is in Mediaportal, Server run without problem...

A) MediaPortal TV Engine - of course I use it, dvbsbridge is dvb-t card, only virtual....
    B) i use MP TV-Server.... but problem is inside my computer..vista :(
    C) no plugins inside MP...never again...

...and problem is in codecs - with Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder works EVR perfect.. Don't know why MPV, ffdshow or Cyberling works not.
    I guess that what you encounter is a crash in the codec.
    Seems like the Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder does not crash in your usecase.

good that you found a solution for your usecase.

btw. i thought that this plugin/bridge integrates into MP not in TV-Server. But it could still be related to the issue you encountered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom