MediaPortal crash when ffdshow as mpeg-2 video decoder (1 Viewer)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have problem and so does an acquaintance of mine, and some others I've read on another forum.

When ffdshow is set to the MPEG-2 video codec, stopping a DVD will usually crash MediaPortal. Perhaps every 3rd or 4th attempt. It occurs when the video finishes or when presssing Stop.

The problem does not occur when using ffdshow only in the Post Processing configuration. However, this is no good to me as I often want to play movies that are either DVD or HD quality, and I don't want ffdshow to process the HD content.

I've been using MP RC2 and now RC3, and several versions of ffdshow over the last couple of months.

Is this an ffdshow problem or MediaPortal? I've just asked the same question on the ffdshow forum and no doubt each other will be blamed.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm thinking perhaps MediaPortal is trying to access ffdshow after it has been closed, or something of that nature. I'm not sure what logs I need to include.

Regards,
    Ross.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I do not know of anyone recommending FFDShow as a mpeg2 codec, certainly not us.

Still consider a HW capable codec the best choice, ie PowerDVD8, there is no doubting FFDShows postprocessing capabilities, but would consider this a FFDShow problem, as it goes away if another codec is used.

Exactly what you thought we would say :)

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom