mediaportal crash when scanning for sat channels (1 Viewer)

tiwang

Portal Member
December 5, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi out there
I have just installed Mediaportal on a Windows Mediacenter Edition which is equipped with a Hauppauge HVR 3000 hybrid tv tuner (DVB-T, DVB-S & analog TV & radio) and GeForce FX 5200 with a S-VHS TV Out. Each item seems to work fine - with hauppauge tv software can i find more than 750 satellite channels and terristic channels and watch them.
Microsofts MCE sw will only detect the DVB-T interface but finds then the 14 avalibly channels and works.
But - when I configure mediaportal 2.1.0 (or 2.0.4) it just comes to where it will scan for channels - write some message of locking - and crashes then.
Any suggestions of what I can do?

best regards /thomas iwang

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Is this when you use the first time wizard or inside MP Setup or inside MediaPortal.

If this it's when using the first time wizard & you are from Scandinavia, then just move the error message away (don't close it before wizard it's finished!) & click next, next until wizard it's finished then open MP Setup -> Television -> Capture Cards & Edit & then scan the channels with your card, you have to do that on every instance of your card.

From inside MediaPortal it gives error with all cards & it's a known issue.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom