MediaPortal Crashes or "freezes" when trying to play a movie (1 Viewer)

assassinmunk

December 8, 2008
Hey guys...

I just formatted my system and went from Vista to Windows 7. All my movies/shows are stored on a NAS, so im importing all my movies/shows from a SAMBA share.

MediaPortal was working fine on Vista.

I installed the latest version of MediaPortal and the latest version of StreamedMP.

Whenever I try to play a movie from MovingPictures of a shows from MP-TV Series, MediaPortal "freezes", and I have to end task to get out of it.

I tried configuring MediaPortal to use an external player (VLC), but still get the same freezing. VLC works fine as a standalone player.

Not really sure where the problem is ....

I have attached my logs and hopefully someone can tell me where to look next.

Thanks,
Munky

Flipper123

Portal Member
November 3, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

I do seem to have a similar problem. I'm using Win XP SP3. I think I was using 1.1.2 and upgraded to 1.1.3. Everything I try to play that was recorded with MP freezes MP. I also have to use the kill the process to exit. Everything else seems to work however (DVD:s, mpg:s). I tried to go back to 1.1.2, with no change!

I can no longer view tv either. I've tried 1.1.0 also, no change... Everything recorded is possible to view in other programs.

Regards

Flipper123

Portal Member
November 3, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

Installed windows on a different partition and got MP to work there. Everything "should" be the same...

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom