MediaPortal Crashes Unexpectantly (1 Viewer)

Bmorgan

Portal Member
July 4, 2008
Home Country
Wales Wales
Hey,

Set up my parents HTPC and am experiencing problems with media portal crashing. I had the Monochrome skin loaded which I thought may be causing the problems...

...............on a side note here - when loading up mediaportal with that skin it gives a box saying something along the lines of the skin not being compatible and to not load error logs with it? is this error supposed to come up and is there a way to stop it?

I changed back to the normal skin and still experience the same problem - after a few seconds of media portal running (I'd guess 30seconds odd) a windows box pops up saying the program has unexpectently crashed and then when I click close on the box it closes mediaportal too.

Obviously its annoying because I cant use mediaportal at all.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've attatched the logs to gelp find the cause.

Thanks

Ben

Bmorgan

Portal Member
July 4, 2008
Home Country
Wales Wales
.......Anyone?

I've now figured that if I ignore the error by not clicking close then I can continue to use mediaportal, but obviously this isn't ideal.

and the thing with the monochrome skin - it says "this skin is outdated....." in a red popup box and I have to click 'ignore and try'

Would appreciate any help?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    There are database connection errors in your log files.

Make sure that your database connection settings are correct and the connection is working.

Also, make all testing with DEFAULT skin so you can confirm that the problems are not skin related. Change the skin when you have everything working.

Bmorgan

Portal Member
    July 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Thanks for the help :)

I dont know what you mean by 'database connection'?

How do I make sure that the database connection settings are correct and the connection is working?

If you can help me sort it I'll test the changes with the default skin

Thanks again,

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom