[TV] Mediaportal crashes (1 Viewer)

chuvke

Portal Member
December 30, 2006
TV-Server Version: 1.1.0 Beta 1
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 Beta 1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: WinXP SP3
CPU Type: CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon 4850e, 2500 MHz (12.5 x 200)
HDD:
Memory: 1792 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (700 MB) on motherboard
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: ATI RS690 HDMI @ AMD RS780(M) Chipset - High Definition Audio Controller
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: PVR500 dual tuner
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow / MPC (Gabest)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow / MPC
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE IR
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi All,

Since i've installed 1.1.0 BETA1 I have mediaportal crash regulary.

It seems that there goes something wrong when i'm recording two channels (or record one and start viewing another). The recording seems to go well but after stopping and trying to view, usually one of the both recording makes mediaportal crash.

Also the recorded file seems to be corrupt in some way since mediaplayer only plays sound, no video. VLC plays it but gives no time information... always 0:00. So it seems this file got currupt.

Probably mediaportal crashes due to this because everytime i try play the file MP crashes.

I've also seen it happen when recording one channel and start viewing on another.

"Luckily" i'm able to reproduce :

- Start recording on one channel (via tvguide, not tested manual)
- start recording on second channel (via tvguide, not tested manual)
- wait until recordings are finished or stop them manually
- try to start recorded shows. One of them crashes MP.

Before the crash I get a black screen, lot of HD activity and then the famous Microsoft dialog with the "Send Details" button :(

What i've tried:

- Play with decoder settings, ffdshow, MPC => no difference.
- Reinstall codec pack (K-Lite full latest) => no difference
- Disable one of the two tuners in Tvserver cfg. => recording and playback goes well \\
- Play files (.ts) with another player (VLC, MediaPlayer) => crashes or only sound. VLC = both sound and video. but no time info

Hope this helps.

It seems related to this report

I've attached log files.

Greetings,
Chuvke

neilk

Portal Pro
June 22, 2007
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi Chuvke

It sound like the same issue (except i have 2 x PVR150's). I will check when I get home tonite, what happened with last nite's recordings, after I re-installed TV Server & recreated the TV Database.

I have also disabled the firewall to see whether that could be causing the issue.

Cheers

Neil

cybermortel

Portal Member
August 7, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi there,

I think I have the same problem as you guys, but I only record 1 channel.
I discovered that when I start/stop a recording manually, I can watch the recorded program with no problem.
The problem is with the shows that I programmed to record automatically (let's say a movie during the day when I'm at work). When I try to watch a scheduled recording, it crashes with the black blank screen just before.

Also, I tried to watch the file with Windows Media player an I have the same issue. It crashes. I wonder if it is a problem with the filter ? But what troubles me is that I can watch manually recorded shows...

Can you confirm that the problem is only with scheduled recordings on your side ?

I hope we can figure out this soon !

JF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom