MediaPortal crashing due to MovingPictures (1 Viewer)

nl62544

Portal Member
September 20, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi. I had issues with MovingPictures. The Plug inn didnt add new movies. I deleted the search DIR and added a new. After that Moving Pictures Crashed and now Media portal as well. Please help im addicted to MP ;-)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hmm, logs are strange. Medaportal.log file looks like Mediaportal-Error.log :oops:
    No attemp for loading MediaPortal in logs. Or maybe they are not full.
    If you are sure MoviPics is the issue is it possible to disable it in Configuration and check if Mediaportal is loading without it. Or even temporary move MovPics dll from plugins\windows folder.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

please save the Moving Pictures DB to another folder and the delete the DB in the Media Portal database folder. Start MP. If MP starts again your orginal Moving Pictures DB was broken. Copy an old Moving Pictures in the Media Portal database folder and try again. everything should be fine then.

BR
    JuRo

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    I have installed Mediaportal x64 and TV server X64 on a freshly built Win 11 OS. I'm getting an error related to Gentle.config . "Unable to open Gentle.Config" and "Root element is missing". Any idea how to fix this on the x64 version? Thanks Fangio (Edit: Fixed by putting newest Gentle.config file into every possible directory...
    I have installed Mediaportal x64 and TV server X64 on a freshly built Win 11 OS. I'm getting an error related to Gentle.config ...
    I have decided to rework this post, becouse is no longer relevant. The SharpDX version is already included in MediaPortal since...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4 MediaPortal 2 - 2.4 Release DE
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom