[Bug] MediaPortal does not allow recording of different shows with the same title (1 Viewer)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Today my father wanted to schedule a recording for the whole Formular 1 program on ORF 1. It consists of 3 Parts: News, Live Race, Analysis. However, these 3 parts are all named the same ("Formel 1 Großer Preis der Türkei 2010"). MediaPortal thinks that these 3 programs are re-runs. So if I schedule the first program and then want to schedule the second or third one, MediaPortal will remove the recording schedule on the first program, instead of adding the second one.

So within the MediaPortal EPG interface, there is no way of scheduling all 3 shows for recording.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So within the MediaPortal EPG interface, there is no way of scheduling all 3 shows for recording.
    have you set the only record new episode option inside MP config?
    If not you can set a record everytime on this channel schedule and this will record all three programs

As for the issue, what recording option are you setting from EPG now?

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If not you can set a record everytime on this channel schedule and this will record all three programs
    Hm, I didn't know about such an option. Where exactly is it? I can't find it.

As for the issue, what recording option are you setting from EPG now?
    I simply use "Record" (the first option).

// edit:
    Do you mean "Check episode of already recorded programs to prevent duplicate recording of repeated broadcasts" within the TV Server Configuration? This is not activated. This seems more like a MediaPortal Client issue. Besides, I was able to schedule all 3 programs without a problem via the MPWebInterface.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Hm, I didn't know about such an option. Where exactly is it? I can't find it
    If you click on advanced record you will get options like every week at this time, every time on this channel etc.

Do you mean "Check episode of already recorded programs to prevent duplicate recording of repeated broadcasts" within the TV Server Configuration? This is not activated. This seems more like a MediaPortal Client issue. Besides, I was able to schedule all 3 programs without a problem via the MPWebInterface.
    That was the option I was talking about yes, if that is off then something appears to be odd... looking at this again

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    just to confirm exactly what you did as I think there are a couple of odd things here.

Is this what you did:
    1) opened up EPG guide
    2) went to first program pressed ok
    3) selected record option (without selecting anything on the right)
    4) went back to guide and selected second program pressing ok
    5) selected record option (without selecting anything on the right)
    6) went back to guide and selected third program pressing ok
    7) selected record option (without selecting anything on the right)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    just to confirm exactly what you did as I think there are a couple of odd things here.

Is this what you did:
    1) opened up EPG guide
    2) went to first program pressed ok
    3) selected record option (without selecting anything on the right)
    4) went back to guide and selected second program pressing ok
    5) selected record option (without selecting anything on the right)
    6) went back to guide and selected third program pressing ok
    7) selected record option (without selecting anything on the right)
    Exactly (except, I don't know what you mean by "without selecting anything on the right"). 3) will schedule the recording for the first program, 5) will remove the schedule for the first program again, 7) will schedule a recording for the third program.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Exactly (except, I don't know what you mean by "without selecting anything on the right"). 3) will schedule the recording for the first program, 5) will remove the schedule for the first program again, 7) will schedule a recording for the third program.
    When you click a program in the EPG it takes you to a page with the record button and a list of programs on the right hand side.

You are able to select programs from this list which can make MP do different things.

I am guessing from above that you did not choose anything from the list of programs?

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ah, yes, I did not choose a program on the bottom right. I only hit the "Record" button (first button, top left), nothing else.

// I just did some further testing. This happens with any show, at any time on any day. I can only schedule one recording of one show of the same name within the MediaPortal client. If I try to schedule another recording of the same show (with the same name), it will simply remove the previous schedule of the recording of that show, no matter what time and day the second schedule is or would be.

(e.g. I scheduled "Scrubs" on Pro7 for tomorrow at 10:30 and then when I try to schedule "Scrubs" again on Pro7 on the day after tomorrow at 11:30, it will only remove the first schedule of Scrubs.)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can someone confirm this issue on their client(s)? This should be easy to test, since everyone should have several entries of shows with the same name in their EPG.

hkjensen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Confirmed

But you can record a show by selecting the show in the list and pres [OK]/Enter

Attachments

• rec_tvguide.JPG
      rec_tvguide.JPG
      118.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom