Codecs Mediaportal does not show subs, VLC does (1 Viewer)

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Running MediaPortal 1.1.2 with SAF 4, I have now have an issue with subtitles with MKV files created with the MakeMKV application.
I can change the audio language inside mediaportal as I always can, but I cannot enable/change subs for MKV files created with MakeMKV. Nothing happens when I press L.

If I open the files with VLC on the HTPC, I can see and change the subtitles, so I know the files are there for a fact.

In MP conf I have FFDshow as video filters for all of them, except H264 which is CoreAVC.
For subtitle engine I use MPC-HC.

Any ideas ?

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have the same problem. I can sometimes see the subtitles for 30seconds and they they go away.

I feel the problems is in MakeMKV, they does making combatitle subtitles in mkv.

I've search MakeMKV's forums and seems like more are having troubles with subtitles and OUT-OF-SYNC movies which is caused by Makemkv. I would not recommend using it although I like it.

I don't have Mediaportal 1.2beta, but the handling of subtitles might have changed a bit. And oh SAF4 does not use FFDshow as video filter. :) It's SAF5.

If you find a solution please say so...

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It works with totem, a Linux player as well.
Handbrake is unable to see them because handbrake does not support PGS subtitles. (which makemkv creates).

Could it be The same with MP ?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
wormhole2k:
MePo subtitle engine does not support PGS subtitles.
You can install SAF5, enable subtitles support durning install and disable MePo subtitle engine.

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
What is MePo ?.. :)

I have installed SAF5, enabled subtitles under the installation, and I am now able to select the subtitles (MVHD Subtitles), but nothing shows on the screen, even if I select these.
In the subtitle section in MP conf I have MPC-HC, if I select another, or disable this, I am unable to select them.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

I have installed SAF5, enabled subtitles under the installation, and I am now able to select the subtitles (MVHD Subtitles), but nothing shows on the screen, even if I select these.
In the subtitle section in MP conf I have MPC-HC, if I select another, or disable this, I am unable to select them.

MePo = MediaPortal.

Just for test - open and play your video in graphstudio (START-SAF-TOOLS), select subtitle stream from FFDshow icon.

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

MePo = MediaPortal.

Just for test - open and play your video in graphstudio (START-SAF-TOOLS), select subtitle stream from FFDshow icon.

Haha, stupid me. :)

Yes, this is working as well.
Is this because I use CoreAVC as H264 codec in MePo ?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

MePo = MediaPortal.

Is this because I use CoreAVC as H264 codec in MePo ?

Yes, you need to use FFDshow or FFDshow DxVA.

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Finally got it up and running again.
Latest SAF5 .

And yes subtitles show for like random mins and then dissapears again.
PGS subtitles made with makemkv..

And still lovely out of sync issues.. :p

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
My computer is unable to play the video smoothly without the CoreAVC codec, so I am not really sure if it is out of sync or not.
(Which gives out of sync).

But as far as I am concerned, I guess this is kinda solved for now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom