MediaPortal does not uninstall completely (1 Viewer)

snappa

June 28, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0RC5
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: 7 Professional 32bit
CPU Type: Pentium D 3.0
HDD: 2 x 320Gb WD
Memory: 4Gb DDR2 800
Motherboard: Dell
Video Card: Nvidia GT240OC 1Gb DDR5
Video Card Driver: 197.45
Sound Card: 7.1
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage Nova S Plus
1. TV Card Type: DVBS
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Freeview
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppage and MS Media Centre
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Whenever I start the TV an error pops up stating "An unknown error has occurred". When I click OK the TV doesn't operate. Everything else in MediaPortal is operational, only the TV is not functional.

I know there is nothing wrong with the TV card and general TV functions (everything is fine with other programs such as WinTV).

I've tried uninstalling MediaPortal and reinstalling but the result is the same. I've tried to completely uninstall all traces of MediaPortal (via the 'Completely Remove All Traces of MediaPortal' function) but whenever I reinstall the program all the channels reappear in the TV Server Configuration window.

Obviously these settings aren't being removed.

I suspect whatever is causing my problem is remaining behind after the uninstall along with the TV Server settings.

Can someone tell me how to completely remove all traces of MediaPortal from the system so I can start completely clean again. (Other than a full re-load of W7)

My Windows Media Centre is dysfunctional and WinTV is an absolute pain to use. "Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    The reason is the MySQL server.

Also had problems with no channels when scanning with my DVB-C tuner.

Removed MySQL.

But this is not enough..........Remember to remove the folders c:\program files & c:\program data

Install MP RC 5 again........There you go....problem fixed:)

/Morten

snappa

June 28, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Morten,

I have uninstalled MySql as well as doing a search for all files 'MediaPortal' and deleted them as well.

Having said that I might take a look at the MSSQL folder as well to see if it's being backed up there.

As an aside... I used WinTV last night out of necessity. Oh how I miss MediaPortal. Perhaps if i can't fix this tonight I'll just play Solitaire.

snappa

June 28, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I tried many times over the past few days to eradicate every trace of MediaPortal and MySql but still couldn't get it all.

I installed a program called Everything (a super fast search facility) because Windows 7 search is garbage.

Everything found a few traces of MySql that were still present and now my MediaPortal is working again.

I did find that MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC5 failed to install MySql 5.1 properly (5 attempts - 5 failures) so ended up installing manually.

Thanks for your help.

(PS: now that the tele is working properly there's nothing worth watching tonight...)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I did find that MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC5 failed to install MySql 5.1 properly (5 attempts - 5 failures) so ended up installing manually.

Is there anything unusual about your Win7 install

vette68

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    COCOA, FLORIDA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Had similar problem updating from RC5 to RC6 TV server gave an error, had to remove MP completely but when intalling fresh, it would not install tv server, the installer said it was already installed, then had a thought & went to ADD / REMOVE PROGRAMS in control panel & tv server was showing up so un-installd there and the fresh installl worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom