MediaPortal DVB EPG - More Detailed Information (1 Viewer)

Should the MP Team Extend "DVB EPG" Information?

• May be

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Not interested in being more requirements on the Internet

• No - Don't currently use it

• No - Not interested

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrGrymReaper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I feel while the DVB EPG is an outstanding piece of work by the development team behind MediaPortal and works really well. Potentially providing an EPG at no extra cost for those who don't want to subscribe to an EPG service.

It however could use some more love to extend the amount of information shown via the DVB EPG as there isn't much currently. Just a title and a description which also has a fairly limited length to it. Though if a user with an internet connection was willing to optionally access the internet for further information on the MediaPortal TV Server it's EPG could be extended with information accessed from services like the following:-
    The information gained from these sites could allow for at least some of what is in XMLTV to be downloaded and integrated with technology present in provider's service. For the Freeview service in the United Kingdom it is the Freeview Link (Series recording of shows). As well as up to the minute or hour information of television program scheduling. Also a much more detailed description and/or synopsis (than what is held by the DVB EPG currently or sent by broadcaster).

Please vote in the poll and post on what extra information you would like considered.

Though the team can keep up the great work which is being done currently!

Thanks,

MrGrymReaper

Last edited:

Stubbie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have an issue with my DVB EPG from the danish tv stations DR and TV2: It looks like I only have the last half of the information about the program?
    I have the same issue on both 1.12 tvserver and 1.18 client.

Regards

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi,

I feel while the DVB EPG is an outstanding piece of work by the development team behind MediaPortal and works really well. Potentially providing an EPG at no extra cost for those who don't want to subscribe to an EPG service.

It however could use some more love to extend the amount of information shown via the DVB EPG as there isn't much currently. Just a title and a description which also has a fairly limited length to it. Though if a user with an internet connection was willing to optionally access the internet for further information on the MediaPortal TV Server it's EPG could be extended with information accessed from services like the following:-
    The information gained from these sites could allow for at least some of what is in XMLTV to be downloaded and integrated with technology present in provider's service. For the Freeview service in the United Kingdom it is the Freeview Link (Series recording of shows). As well as up to the minute or hour information of television program scheduling. Also a much more detailed description and/or synopsis (than what is held by the DVB EPG currently or sent by broadcaster).

Please vote in the poll and post on what extra information you would like considered.

Though the team can keep up the great work which is being done currently!

Thanks,

MrGrymReaper
    First of all, IMDb lookup for current program is available in context menu. Although, I think it doesn't store grabbed info in database so you would have to make lookup again.
    Btw, some years ago I did something like you've asked. I've extended db with tvdb id, made lookups and made fanart shown for current selected epg item. However, results were poor since EPG is always localized and often it's just simple text so lookup on those sites will fail eventually since sites are mainly english and even if they have localized title it could differ from ones from EPG. If EPG will have tvdb id one day it will be nice time to start epg enhancement.
    I have an issue with my DVB EPG from the danish tv stations DR and TV2: It looks like I only have the last half of the information about the program?
    I have the same issue on both 1.12 tvserver and 1.18 client.

Regards
    I think any developer will ask for set of logs in order to help you.

Stubbie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I am not sure how to make a log - but here goes nothing :)

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_08_03_18__08_47.zip
      115.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom