Mediaportal exits with an exception (1 Viewer)

a.dimuzio

Portal Member
November 2, 2004
Hi everybody,
since a couple of days I'm having a major issue with MediaPortal, mainly using the TV module.

My config is:
Mediaportal 0.2RC2
OS WindowsXP
NVidia FX5200
AMD 2400+
1GB RAM

When I start Mediaportal, either it exits as soon as I enter the TV module or the video playback freezes (and I have to kill MediaPortal manually).

In the log (mediaportal.log and errors.log) I found this exception:

Code:
15/2006 10:34:39 AM Planescene(768,576,768,576,110929664,False,16):Unhandled exception in Error in the application. Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
   at MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.InternalPresentSurface(Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 arWidth, Int32 arHeight, Boolean InRepaint)
2/15/2006 10:34:39 AM Planescene(768,576,768,576,110929664,False,16):Unhandled exception in Error in the application. Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
   at MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.InternalPresentSurface(Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 arWidth, Int32 arHeight, Boolean InRepaint)

I can't remember having done something in particular in the last few days (no video driver update, no hardware changes, no OS updates, no new codecs), maybe I changed video resolution or NView settings, but I can't remember.

Does anybody have an idea of the problem and how I can solve it?

a.dimuzio

Portal Member
November 2, 2004
I'm still fighting with this issue.

I tried to install the latest NVidia Driver, to remove some hotfixes for .net framework 1, but still nothing.

Another strange thing I noticed is that when I try to compress a recorded program into mpeg (this has always been working on my box) mediaportal exits (this time without exception) after having written a random quantity of data in the target file.

Any idea/suggestion on what I can try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom