Mediaportal freeze when using MovingPictures and Milkdrop2 visualization (1 Viewer)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi fforde i've posted this issue 2 days ago here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/new-moving-pictures-0-7-available-54396/index3.html#post374332 and didn't found what causing it until today when i start the test with step by step moves.It seems that Moving Pictures plugin trigger the Milkdrop 2 visualization somehow and MP freeze right after i enter the MovingPicture plugin.
    I can't see anything in the log files (i always find bugs that are not leaving trails :( ) but if you need i will post the logs here for you.I don't know how milkdrop 2 is triggered but i'm 100% sure that is starting with MP now (i can see a flashing window for a very short time when MP starts) and the issue is there only when i'm using Moving Pictures and only with milkdrop 2 visualization (WMP visualization is working).
    Sorry for the long post and if you are not using visualization and you don't have the needed files i will upload them for you.:D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am not sure what you are talking about. I am not familiar with the Milkdrop2 visualization and honestly I am not sure what you mean by visualization at all. Can you elaborate a bit?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I am not sure what you are talking about. I am not familiar with the Milkdrop2 visualization and honestly I am not sure what you mean by visualization at all. Can you elaborate a bit?

Ok,so visualization plugins are some kind of visual effects used when you listen to music and are displayed either in "window" or "fullscreen" and some are even synchronized with the sound beat.MP can use some of these plugin with "bass engine" (screen shot from the Music configuration attached).English is not my first language so if you find hard to understand what i've just said please take a look here: MilkDrop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Please let me know if you need more details:D

Attachments

• Visualizations page.jpg
      Visualizations page.jpg
      84.5 KB

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Nobody else have this issue beside me?Or nobody is using MP svn 21688+music visualizations plugin (milkdrop 2)+MovingPictures 0.7?Tested on other 2 PC's and have the exact same issue (win xp 32bit and vista 64bit) and only movingPictures give me this issue.I know that hwahrmann (bass engine dev) ported bass_vis.dll to version 2.4 so maybe some changes create this issue with MovingPictures somehow.
    I will try to report this to hwahrmann even if with the default MP installation and no 3rd party plugins Milkdrop 2 visualization work great.

Mike1978

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got this issue too. MP crashes right at start when I have set visualization to Milkdrop. I heard that Milkdrop 2.0d should be compatible but I can't find it (and newest Winamp uses Milkdrop 2.0e)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I will see if I can reproduce this issue tonight or tomorrow morning. in the meantime though, can you guys post your debug log files from when the crash occurs?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi fforde,i know you're working hard on other bugfixes already so i will post some screenshots to help you configure MP with visualizations and all the files you need for testing (just unzip the archive to your MP directory).THX

Here you can download the files: Milkdrop 2.1 visualization.rar - 2.52MB

Edit:mad:Mike1978 - as you can see i'm using Milkdrop2.1 and still have the issue (i've tested with 2.0c too).BTW if you want you can test milkdrop 2.1 that i've posted above

Attachments

• Visualizations settings-Milkdrop2.1.jpg
      Visualizations settings-Milkdrop2.1.jpg
      79.2 KB
    • visualization-now playing settings.jpg
      visualization-now playing settings.jpg
      72.5 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Iam sorry Pretoriano, when I copy the files you have posted to my MediaPortal directory and try to goto the configuration screen in your screenshots above, MediaPortal immediately throws an exception (it looks like an issue with the milkdrop plugin). Any ideas?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Iam sorry Pretoriano, when I copy the files you have posted to my MediaPortal directory and try to goto the configuration screen in your screenshots above, MediaPortal immediately throws an exception (it looks like an issue with the milkdrop plugin). Any ideas?

Sorry to hear that...i don't have this kind of issue but my guess is the "nscrt.dll" that should be in the MP folder (root) is not finded so please copy this file to "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MusicPlayer\plugins\visualizations\Winamp" folder too.
    If still doesn't work you could try the file posted here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/listen-music-99/how-milkdrop2-works-rc1-39154/#post262408 (this version always worked).If none of this work i don't know what might be.
    BTW i haved a look to the MP bugtrucker and i think this:0001924: Upgrading BASS - MediaPortal Bugtracker have something to to with the issue i have,but no word from MP dev (maybe when the bug will be out with the 1.0.1 someone will listen,but at this point i can't understand why i should test a svn version if i can't get an answer,but this is just IMHO)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't know how milkdrop 2 is triggered but i'm 100% sure that is starting with MP now (i can see a flashing window for a very short time when MP starts) and the issue is there only when i'm using Moving Pictures and only with milkdrop 2 visualization (WMP visualization is working).

Seen that to, wondered what was triggering it, was having some other issues recording as well so reverted back to MP1.0 + ForTheRecord before I got a chance to isolate what it was.

Just as a matter of point, using the original milkdrop viz as in Pretoriano's last post, with MovingPicture 0.7, this does not show up in MP1.0, only newer svn's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom