MediaPortal freezes on Starting plugins and gives 2 errors on start (1 Viewer)

Webghost

October 11, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.21149
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.21149
MediaPortal Skin: Blue i think
Windows Version: Windows Vista Ultimate
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3400+ 2.0 Ghz
HDD: 250 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M
Video Card: VIA/S3 UniChrome Pro
Video Card Driver: Original Driver from creator
Sound Card: VIA AC'97
Sound Card AC3: VIA AC'97?
Sound Card Driver: Original Vista Driver, Updated from Windows Update
1. TV Card: Pinnacle Systems Studio PCTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T & Analog
1. TV Card Driver: Original Vista Driver (works with everything else, no problem here)
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft MPEG-2 Video decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

As topic name says... I followed the guide when i installed MediaPortal, but i recieve 2 errors on startup, something with a renderer, and then it hangs at "Starting plugins..."
I have tagged along my error file.

How come? :( I love MediaPortal :(:(

Before i switched to Vista i had it working perfectly on XP.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    VIA/S3G UniChromeII Graphics

MediaPortal fails to create DirectX9Ex device (that is used under Vista). Most likely the GPU you are using is not a 100% compatible with DirectX9. Sorry, nothing we can do.

Webghost

October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok i see. I just upgraded it to a 128 mb graphics card that supports DirectX9.
    I will respond tomorrow if that has fixed the problem :) Have a nice evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
    For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I gave up and jumped ship to Kodi - which worked first time without problems. After 10 years with Mediaportal, it was a huge shame to leave but I couldn’t get it to work at all with my new PC with integrated...
    Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I...
    Hi, I've been using MediaPortal 1 for many years on an HTPC with a graphics card, but since switching to a Dell Optiplex 5080 with...
    Replies
    Views
    (this is a crosspost from the madVR thread, as the same issue is discussed there) It seems like the problem is specific to NVIDIA and has two causes: 1. Some time ago (can't remember the exact version, but can probably be found when searching this thread: AMD, Intel and Nvidia driver issues and last recommended version - Doom9's...
    (this is a crosspost from the madVR thread, as the same issue is discussed there) It seems like the problem is specific to NVIDIA...
    Hi I managed to get Geforce 3070 which replaced my Radeon 580. I have it connected to Samsung Q70R. With Radeon 580 I haven't had...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes 1 to 2 minutes to write the data to disk. To speed up the EPG stuff (not only writing but also reading the EPG guide in MediaPortal), I changed the program table (and only that table) from InnoDB to...
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes...
    I get a few "Continuity error..." after the EPG scan finished: [2021-01-30 18:56:10,278] [4c45530] [18c8] - mhw reset [2021-01-30...
    Replies
    Views
    So maybe I've just overseen the bug in Jira. But the bug isn't a big problem as it only happens very seldom and you can still use MediaPortal, so I think i can live with it ;)
    So maybe I've just overseen the bug in Jira. But the bug isn't a big problem as it only happens very seldom and you can still use...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom