MediaPortal Frezes randomly on file playback (1 Viewer)

igor_uk

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: 7 (x86)
CPU Type: E6850
HDD: 1TB+2x250GB
Memory:2Gb
Motherboard:
Video Card: 8600 GT
Video Card Driver: 10.12.2009
Sound Card: Trust 7.1
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Original for Win 7
MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF
MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF
h.264 Video Codec: SAF
HTPC Case: Dell
Cooling: Fan
Power Supply: Dell
Remote: Keyboard
TV: LG 60"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

I have different files in terms of format in My Videos. Whenever I try to play a file and MP is "misbehaving" it would simply freeze. If I restart the PC or do anything else - it would not work, still frezes. I have to sit and wait when the file starts. Sometimes its a couple of minutes, other times it seems to be hours - all for the same file. Once the file is up and playing then, for unknown amount of time MP would work fine. I can restart it, play any file, do anything - works. As soon as something happens - bang, no way to play a file.
If i run MP in a window, then it also crashes W7 Volume Mixer!! The thing stops responding. So I thought it may be Nvidia, that suddenly decided that my TV supported sound and selected HDMI connection with sound. I found a workaround and restored DVI, without sound and without HDMI. By the way, in MP menus - sound works! It fails when you actually hit play. Or maybe video fails and drags the sound down - I do not know.

Funnily enough MPC-HC works with the same files no problem, so I suspect it may be DirectX issue. I also have a vague suspicion that it all breaks down when I RDC to the PC while MP is running. When this issue occures Windows Welcome Sound is also delayed by... hours! But even when that sound has played, it still does not start working. I got no idea how to resolve this, a shame all other programs work to play videos.

Full logs are attached, I had to shut-down MP through Task Manager, it was frozen for a little bit, but not as long as it can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom