[confirm] Mediaportal gets slower after some hours and crashes on exit (1 Viewer)

mironicus

Portal Pro
March 9, 2008
I noticed one thing that keeps repeating: After using Mediaportal for some hours watching several videos and TV, the performance of Mediaportal slows down a bit and it became less responsive. A good hint is if I push down the "LiveTV"-button and hold it for several seconds (I am using the IRServerSuite-plugin). If you hold the button Mediaportal will switch very fast between the fullscreen TV mode and the TV menu. After a fresh start Mediaportal is very responsive and the switchover is lightning fast.

However after some hours the same thing can not be said. The switchover is much slower. I also get crashes if I press the exit button on the remote after some hours of use.

I am glad that I could make a full log of this case as I had the Watchdog turned on, so I can provide much data.

After the crash Windows shows this info about Mediaportal.exe (it's in German).

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: MediaPortal.exe, Version: 1.1.7.27980, Zeitstempel: 0x4e01168f
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.21679, Zeitstempel: 0x4d787813
Ausnahmecode: 0xe053534f
Fehleroffset: 0x0000b760
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x%9
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x%10
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: %11
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: %12
Berichtskennung: %13

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First step is to disable all third party plugins and see if the problem still happens. Ideally you need to take out IRSS which could make it difficult.

There is a good chance this is caused by one of the plugins you have installed not MP itself.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Use the debug mode shortcut to start MP without 3rd party plugins to do what jameson_uk suggests.
    You could also take a look at MediaPortal.exe's memory consumption in task manager. It could be a memory leak (likely caused by 3rd party plugin).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom