Mediaportal hangs when trying to open TV (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP
    Windows Version: Windows 7
    CPU Type: Core2Duo
    HDD:
    Memory:
    Motherboard:
    Video Card:
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Black Gold BGT3595
    1. TV Card Type: PCIe Dual DVB-T and Dual DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 8.1.0.0
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF v4.0 Unlocked
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF v4.0 Unlocked
    h.264 Video Codec: SAF v4.00 Unlocked
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi,

I have an issue with my TV. I've had it a while and been trying various settings to stop it happening and a bit of searching but I'm really struggling. Basically the following is happening -

Boot up machine, enter mediaportal, goto TV and everything works. I can view all my freeview DVB-T channels, I can view all my DVB-S2 channels and the S2 HD channels (BBC One BBC HD ITV HD etc I'm in the UK).

If I exit mediaportal (via the menus to close it, not forceably) then go back in, Mediaportal hangs when I try to go to TV.

For example, last night, I watch a TV program, set one to record (late last night), watch a TV epp in MyTvSeries then go to bed with mediaportal running. In the morning I close mediaportal, do some stuff on PC (browsing etc) open mediaportal, go to TV and it just hangs.

During this time I also notice that if I go to the TV server config, and look at the TV servers, selecting the first of the DVB-S2 tuners causes a timer icon on my mouse and it never gets to the settings. It doesn't do this on either of the DVB-T tuners or the second DVB-S2 tuner.

The cards brand new, and like I say if I reboot it will work ok. I guess maybe that S2 tuner is doing something and maybe MP is waiting for it to become ready but it never does.

How do I go about diagnosing this? Any help would be much appreciated.

batfink

--------------------
    Just to add to this, I've just been to the TVServer config, and then manual control and it says all the tuners are idle (not sure if that means anything). I stopped the service using the stop service button in the config and then tried to start the service, and it wouldnt start.
    I just rebooted my PC and straight away its working again :(

I also closed and exited MP and it still worked. I'm wondering if it only happens when its left alone for several hours or when its left through the night??? Could the EPG updating be upsetting it?!

jiih

Portal Member
    August 6, 2006
    Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as you but I'm using IPTV. When this happens only rebooting machine helps (or reinstalling TV server).
    One additional information that might help: TV server configuration also hangs when selecting IPTV adapter.
    Currently I'm on version 1.2.0 beta but had the same problems with version 1.1.3.
    Any help would be appreciated.

jiih

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

TheBatfink: *Please* read the support guidelines before you post a thread in the support section. Although your description of the problem is really helpful, we *always* need logs to help us understand exactly what is happening.

Please *both of you* post logs or we won't be able to help either of you at all. There is a link in my signature telling you how to do that...

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This morning I checked my driver and hadnt actually installed the version I downloaded. It was still the previous release. I downloaded and installed the latest version and it seems to have cured my problem.. touch wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom